LV free shipping on all orders
Don't! 

Don't 

No!!!! don't let me see the heading! Maybe, it's over at noon, Pacific Time. That's an hour ago.....
Nope still on.

If you have the funds and something you need/want consider supporting companies like Lee Valley, Lie Nielsen, Bad Axe, Blue Spruce and others I am missing. These companies make our hobby better and I am sure they are being crushed by this.

So what are you ordering?
(03-17-2020, 03:49 PM)mongo Wrote: Nope  still on.  

If you have the funds and something you need/want consider supporting companies like Lee Valley, Lie Nielsen, Bad Axe, Blue Spruce and others I am missing.  These companies make our hobby better and I am sure they are being crushed by this.

So what are you ordering?

Yes. There is no better time to buy from the merchants you support. Orders and goods are delivered to your door with no risk of contracting the virus. Shame on those who panic shop for the toilet paper.

Simon
I need a veneer cutter that will make really thin, soft veneers, about 5” wide, and perforated every 5”. Do any of them offer such a tool?
Wink

Unfortunately it gets harder and harder to come up with a tool that I need, but I’ll give it the oil’ college try!
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Maybe there is a use for all those straight jointer blades that were replaced by helix heads? Or if you are up for a real veneering challenge during the 2 week hiatus, how about edge jointing to get your desired width, hide glue dissolves in water so should be a problem for sewage treatment. Just think of all those designs you could make using various types of wood! Don't the Japanese have competitions to hand plane really wide continuous thing shavings? Design and build a jointer blade hand plane, then rig a come-along to pull the shavings.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
(03-17-2020, 03:14 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Don't! 

Don't 

No!!!! don't let me see the heading! Maybe, it's over at noon, Pacific Time. That's an hour ago.....

Hi - 

Actually - this free shipping is open ended, and we've removed the order minimums to qualify.  We recognize how all of our lives are being (or are about to be) disrupted.... and since we expect that peoples mobility and availability to shop is being affected, we want to ensure there are no barriers, however small.

Realistically - any of us in the woodworking tool business will tell you that our customers tend to skew to the "much more experienced, life-wise" end of the spectrum...and these are the people at greatest risk. For our retail customers - this is in support of social distancing.... no need to come into a store if you don't have to. We will also be happy to accept orders on-line at a store, and deliver to your car in our parking lot (working on that messaging right now). And - the more we can reduce/control interpersonal contact - the better it is for our staff.

I'm NOT happy about about having no contact with my Grandkids - or having family members in quarantine...

Nobody better screw with my shop time.....!

Cheers - 

Rob

(and no - shipping isn't free.... we're just not charging you for it!)
We greatly appreciate it, Rob!
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Thanks Robin! Now if you could do something about PM-V11 being more scarce than toilet paper...
Wink
(03-18-2020, 09:27 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Hi - 

Actually - this free shipping is open ended, and we've removed the order minimums to qualify.  SNIP
Cheers - 

Rob

All your "free shipping" is maxing out my VISA account, Rob. I have a wish list of 95 items Some have been purchased, some are alternates, others awaiting restock. A few are "wishful thinking". So, there is no brake in my brain for any minimums Lee Valley imposes on shipping. 

Yes, I do worry about the costs of shipping, to the supplier and purchaser. 

That shock was hammered in when we went to the post office to ship care packages to Alaska. One box was 5 bags of $3 popcorn with a $45 shipping fee! The other two boxes totaled $140 in shipping. We are eating popcorn for snacks now.

You and your workmates be careful, be safe!

Bruce
(03-18-2020, 09:27 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Nobody better screw with my shop time.....!

Cheers - 

Rob

Laugh
Winkgrin
Laugh

There is no better time for social distancing AND woodworking than now -- since most of us work solo.
Simon