Dovetail Jig
(05-05-2020, 08:40 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Yep that is what I meant just said it wrong.
Crazy

You can request a copy without leaving your home.

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/milita...ce-records
(03-22-2020, 12:21 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I am getting kind of tired of trying to make dovetails by hand and how awful they are.  Does anyone know of a good jig that is easy to use and easy to understand and set up.

Thanks

I should add used would be good for the price.

check this link
https://s3.amazonaws.com/PDFPlans/woodsm...l-jig.html

also found a good article from woodsmith
woodworking technique
machine cut dovetails 
year 2002 good on jig set up advice
(05-07-2020, 08:09 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: check this link

woodworking technique
machine cut dovetails 

I would love to know who wrote the review/instructions for that jig?  What does “axerophthol” have to do with a dovetail jig?
(05-04-2020, 07:06 PM)Jack in omaha Wrote: Arlin,
I have used both the Incra Jig and the Leigh Jig.
Both can make some amazing projects.
They take time to set up and understand.
Both are found here at times at a good discount. For many of my projects I have resorted to just using a box joint jig that was in Shop Notes or Woodsmith.
It seems that there was a plan for making a dovetail jig like the keller out of plastin in Woodsmith or Shopnotes.
I enjoy the creative aspect of Leigh and Incra. But they require patience and attention to set up detail. Once thety are dialed in things go fast.
There also was a cool article on cutting dovetails on the band saw in Woodsmith or Sopnotes you may want to read. 
With more time at home not a bad time to remaster the Leigh jig.

(05-07-2020, 08:09 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: check this link

woodworking technique
machine cut dovetails 

Thanks Jack 
Yes
Yes

OK to let everyone know, I send in my App and someone that works with Rob Cosman contacted me about 4 hours later.  After several Emails I could have went to this years classes but I do not have a current Passport anymore.  
I still have to send in my 214 but I will be most likely going to next years spring class.  They are going to cover everything to get my wife there as well, but my wife and I will need to talk about it and see if I am physically able to do six 12 hour days. 
He is going to email me what everything entails so we can make a better decision in going or not.

Thank you everyone in the past for suggesting this and to Greg who did now. 
Yes
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Good for you Arlin! I hope this works out for you and your wife to go.
(05-07-2020, 05:28 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: Good for you Arlin! I hope this works out for you and your wife to go.

Greg,
Kudos to you! This makes my day!!!
(05-07-2020, 05:28 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: Good for you Arlin! I hope this works out for you and your wife to go.

Normally way back I would have been excited and wanting the challenge but now I just do not want to feel stupid or dumb and I know I will ask a lot of questions which most will think are common sense.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-08-2020, 02:20 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Normally way back I would have been excited and wanting the challenge but now I just do not want to feel stupid or dumb and I know I will ask a lot of questions which most will think are common sense.

I think you will find that if you have questions, other people will have the same questions.  People don’t go to a class like Cosman’s to show off what they already know.  They go to learn, just like you.  You have nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain.  Go.
(05-08-2020, 02:34 PM)Bruce Haugen Wrote: I think you will find that if you have questions, other people will have the same questions.  People don’t go to a class like Cosman’s to show off what they already know.  They go to learn, just like you.  You have nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain.  Go.
This, right here, is spot on. This class is ALL about Purple Heart vets coming together. You will never find any other experience like this one that is 100% about helping Vets and showing appreciation for your service and sacrifice.
Arlin, every Saturday evening Rob has a live YouTube workshop that he uses as a fundraiser for the Purple Heart Project. You don’t have to watch it live, as it is posted to his regular YouTube channel. I urge you to watch one, or more, of these and listen to the stories and to the vets that describe how this program has impacted their lives in a profoundly positive way. If you are physically able, I don’t see how you cannot go as you have your own stories to share with the other Vets.