Christian Becksvoort Display Cabinet
Now I understand...I'd been thinking that was kind of a small cabinet to be displaying Christian Becksvoort in, since he's a tall guy.
Christian Becksvoort is indeed a very tall guy: literally and figuratively. I take credit only for my efforts: I give credit freely to someone who has inspired so many woodworkers to create beautiful furniture!

(03-29-2020, 02:39 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Now I understand...I'd been thinking that was kind of a small cabinet to be displaying Christian Becksvoort in, since he's a tall guy.
(03-29-2020, 03:22 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Christian Becksvoort is indeed a very tall guy: literally and figuratively.  I take credit only for my efforts: I give credit freely to someone who has inspired so many woodworkers to create beautiful furniture!

I was curious if you over cut the tails in the top to use as tenons for the side long grain edge? Or attach another way?
Beautiful piece.
BontzSawWorks.net
If I understand the question, the top to side joint is just a through dovetail joint. The trim attachment is a dovetailed key, as shown here:

(03-29-2020, 11:44 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: I was curious if you over cut the tails in the top to use as tenons for the side long grain edge? Or attach another way?
Beautiful piece.
(03-30-2020, 08:53 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: If I understand the question, the top to side joint is just a through dovetail joint. The trim attachment is a dovetailed key, as shown here:

That answers that. Thank you.
BontzSawWorks.net