Delta Planer 22-580 question
Delta recommends "high pressure" lithium grease for the 22-580 planer gear box and guide posts, however theirs has been discontinued and the local auto parts store lithium grease products do not specifically state "high pressure". Just wondering if this would be the same thing or if anyone could recommend something better and for the guide posts I don't want to attract and sawdust.
Thanks!
Dave
(03-23-2020, 09:23 AM)med-one Wrote: Delta recommends "high pressure" lithium grease for the 22-580 planer gear box and guide posts, however theirs has been discontinued and the local auto parts store lithium grease products do not specifically state "high pressure". Just wondering if this would be the same thing or if anyone could recommend something better and for the guide posts I don't want to attract and sawdust.
Thanks!
Dave

I imagine the lithium grease at the auto store would be just fine as long as it dries and is not sticky. Paste wax has been a go-to for low speed woodworking lube for years. I've used 'teflon' spray lube in such applications, others have used graphite. You just don't want anything that stays sticky so attracts and holds saw dust as you noted.