Cutting 1/4" Plexi-Glass
If you are cutting that plexiglass on a sawstop , be sure to lock it out, because polycarbonate defiantly will set off the cartridge.
It's not always the quiet ones who don't have much to say.
(03-24-2020, 03:38 PM)The Tinman Wrote: If you are cutting that plexiglass on a sawstop , be sure to lock it out, because polycarbonate defiantly will set off the cartridge.

I've cut acrylic and polycarbonate on my SS several times and never had this issue.  Never even occurred to me that it could be a problem.  But with static buildup in plastics like that, it certainly seems plausible.
(03-24-2020, 03:38 PM)The Tinman Wrote: If you are cutting that plexiglass on a sawstop , be sure to lock it out, because polycarbonate defiantly will set off the cartridge.

Any chances that your material was wet (overnight condensation, eg), or the table top itself was wet?

Like WxMan, I have never activated my SS by cutting plexiglass. The SS site has given no warning either about using the saw for plexglass material.

Simon
(03-24-2020, 08:10 AM)castguy2003 Wrote: There is a special grind made for that I think it is called alternate top bevel. I have one at home (10") and I can check the designation tonight.

I was wrong on that. You want what is called a "triple chip grind"
(03-23-2020, 02:42 PM)lift mechanic Wrote: What type blade should I use on a tablesaw to cut down a 1/4" x 48" x 96" sheet of plexi-Glass into 2 - 46" x 46" pieces? I have a Forrest Hi-AT 80 tooth blade. Is this the correct  blade?

I did not want to take a chance and ruin a blade. I bought a jigsaw blade at HD just for plexi-glass. I taped both sides with blue tape and used a straight edge. Clean cut and no issues. Just keep a steady pace otherwise you build up heat and it melts. I did a practice run first.
Well I finally got around to cutting the 4' x 8' sheet of plexi-glass. Got it up on the tablesaw and decided it was just to floppy to do myself. So I put masking tape on both sides @ the 48" mark. Then used a jigsaw to cut it in half, cut easily no chipping just no the straightest cut. Then I felt it was manageable used the tablesaw to cut it to the final size. I taped both side where the cut was.

Thanks for all the suggestions, That is what is nice about this forum everyone throws out suggestions and one can make a informed decision.

Mark
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
A lot of vendors of plexi will ship cut to size for a nominal fee.  If they are competitive you can eliminate some of the worries.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.