Diminutive Dovetail chisels
Very nice and well done on the handles!!!!

Is that the kind of chisels that they were talking about (Kerfing chisel)??
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Those are simply stunning. I really want to buy them, but now is not the time (and if I repeat that enough, I might eventually convince myself).

And just saw on the blog they were sold - not sure who I need to thank, but they’re out there.
Ron, 

Those are gorgeous. Would you consider making a narrow one under 1/8" Say, 3/32" or thereabouts?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
The one I have is a Czech Edge chisel. Works great. My only complaint was that the side edges were sharp enough to slice up my fingers pretty good. I tired to ease the edges with a stone, but ended up having to wrap the blade with blue tape to protect my fingers. Looking at his web page, seems he is not making them any more.

Glad someone is making them, and yours look great.

What I really like about these short chisels is that is less stress on my wrists to hold them upright. May not seem like a big deal, but with arthritis, the small things help a lot.
(03-26-2020, 07:24 PM)Aram Wrote: Ron, 

Those are gorgeous. Would you consider making a narrow one under 1/8" Say, 3/32" or thereabouts?

Aram it's just nearly impossible to hold a piece for milling etc. that is less than 3/16" wide. It's possible to take a 3/16" and re-shape the tip but by the time one does that the cost adds up considerably. I'll noodle in it and see if I can devise a way.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
(03-26-2020, 08:00 PM)Scoony Wrote: The one I have is a Czech Edge chisel. Works great. My only complaint was that the side edges were sharp enough to slice up my fingers pretty good. I tired to ease the edges with a stone, but ended up having to wrap the blade with blue tape to protect my fingers. Looking at his web page, seems he is not making them any more.

Glad someone is making them, and yours look great.

What I really like about these short chisels is that is less stress on my wrists to hold them upright. May not seem like a big deal, but with arthritis, the small things help a lot.

Yep that's an issue with a zero land chisel and as you have done adaptations can be devised. When fitting dovetails I found myself putting down 1/4" thick chisels in order to use an 1/8" chisel for better paring access. These chisels being 1/8" thick resolved that issue for me.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Looks like jewelry!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(03-27-2020, 08:04 AM)Ron Brese Wrote: Aram it's just nearly impossible to hold a piece for milling etc. that is less than 3/16" wide. It's possible to take a 3/16" and re-shape the tip but by the time one does that the cost adds up considerably. I'll noodle in it and see if I can devise a way.

Ron

Thank you, Ron. I'm not surprised by your answer. I had to ask though -- we do make these skinny tails from time to time!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(03-27-2020, 08:04 AM)Ron Brese Wrote: Aram it's just nearly impossible to hold a piece for milling etc. that is less than 3/16" wide. It's possible to take a 3/16" and re-shape the tip but by the time one does that the cost adds up considerably. I'll noodle in it and see if I can devise a way.

Ron

Ron, obviously it is doable. Both Blue Spruce and Veritas make 1/8” and 3/16” wide chisels with minimal lands. I’d like to see you competing with them. It seems to me that a magnetic work holding jig would be needed. I managed to bodge up something to do this myself, which was fine for one or two skinny blades I made some years ago. I look forward to you building something to do this task.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Ron, those are absolutely stunning tools, must put a smile on your face every time you use them!!! Outstanding work!
Brian