Stuck at home
What do you when you are stuck at home? Build a chair. This is a Comb Back Windsor from plans by Curtis Buchanan. I didn’t even need to leave home. I had the white pine for the seat and the maple for the turnings. The red oak for the arm, spindles and comb came from a tree that fell in the woods behind my house. Now I just need to paint it

(03-30-2020, 04:30 PM)Tom Wiarda Wrote: What do you when you are stuck at home? Build a chair. This is a Comb Back Windsor from plans by Curtis Buchanan. I didn’t even need to leave home. I had the white pine for the seat and the maple for the turnings. The red oak for the arm, spindles and comb came from a tree that fell in the woods behind my house. Now I just need to paint it

Nice. I am no sure I would even want to paint it. There is a story there about the different woods used.
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
It looks great.  It sure looks like a lot of work!!
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very nice!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I think Ron makes a good point.

I would have to be stuck at home for a very long time to be able knock that chair out!!!!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(03-30-2020, 04:30 PM)Tom Wiarda Wrote: What do you when you are stuck at home? Build a chair. This is a Comb Back Windsor from plans by Curtis Buchanan. I didn’t even need to leave home. I had the white pine for the seat and the maple for the turnings. The red oak for the arm, spindles and comb came from a tree that fell in the woods behind my house. Now I just need to paint it

Very nice.

I suspect we are going to see a LOT of projects over the next many weeks!!
Bravo!  That chair is fantastic!

My project has been to begin those "less fun" things in the shop, like rearranging for better efficiency, painting for appearance, and a serious attempt at getting rid of stuff (read: trash and junk) I'll never use.
Beautiful chair! Well done.

My "stuck at home" projects include fixing a wobbly chair (may become firewood), repairing a coat hook device, building an Adirondack chair for Mother's Day, and building a garden bench for my daughter and her husband. 

I've spent the last few days reloading ammo, cleaning up the wood lot, and re-organizing the gun room. Since I"m not getting requests to attend meetings or take my granddaughter to school, I can get a cup of coffee, light my pipe, and work .

Stay safe, everyone and God Bless the First Responders!
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
My "Stuck at Home" project is building a new Tool Cabinet, to house a LOT of my handtools in...
Winkgrin as this one is way too small...
Rolleyes 

Maybe a Tour when it gets done...
Rolleyes 

Dry fitting the 2 doors, awaiting the hinges.
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Very nice chair! I would not be so quick to paint it.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com