No Lee Valley April Fools Tool?
So I woke up this morning, went down to my home office to start work, and have been cruising the Lee Valley website for the April Fools day tool that I look forward to every year.  I understand it's expensive and given the current crisis it, like Wimbleton, the Olympics, and every other fun activity seems to be postponed or cancelled.  I just wanted to leave a post and say simply "I miss it" and follow that up with "Thanks Rob Lee and the Lee Valley Company" for making my life better, for bringing the tools and products you offer and the service that is second to none to our community.  

To tonight I will simply raise a glass and say God Bless as I remember some of the tremendously whimsical products Lee Valley and the Veritas team has brought us in the past and perhaps the future.  

Stay healthy friends - and remember better days both in the past, and ahead.
I don't think they had one last year either. Is there any woodworking ones this year?
(04-01-2020, 07:44 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I don't think they had one last year either.  Is there any woodworking ones this year?

Yes, they stopped this a year or two back.
You used to be able to search for the prior april fools tools, as well.
Looks like this was lost with the site update.

Matt
Sedge at Festool had one on Instagram, but it was pretty lame. 

Miss those LV "special edition" tools!
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
Being lame is an understatement. Neither was it funny nor was it creative. Not to mention that his usual style of presentation (like a clown) did not help. Years ago, LV already released a shroud accessory for the hand planes in its April Fools series.

Google decided not to run any jokes in light of the virus crisis the world is tackling. I'm sure no April Fools would cheer up the tens of millions of people who have lost their jobs or lost someone they love or they know.

Simon