Freezer unheated garage
(04-03-2020, 01:24 PM)Cooler Wrote: I shopped the other day and produce was gone except of radishes. 

Milk and eggs were back in stock.  Not paper towels.  But shop towels are available.  I switched to microfiber cloths to replace most applications for paper towels, so I don't use much.  The microfiber is much better than paper towels in most instances. 

No chicken here either.  No ground beef or steaks.  Frozen chicken parts are available.  And they never ran out of ice cream.  Or onion soup.

So maybe a radish and ice cream sundae topped with onion soup?

Mostly I was able to fill my shopping list, but about half the items were substitutes.  I wanted sausage patties for breakfast sandwiches.  I ended up with ham slices.  I wanted chocolate coated raisins but ended up with chocolate coated cashews.

Someone please tell me why all the chewing gum was gone.  I don't get it.

Thanks for the replies.  I will look to see if freezers are available in other stores.

I'll take the radishes. I used to grow them in the garden but they never made it to the house. I ate them... I didn't understand the run on ground beef. We rarely ever buy any. Sams had sausage pattys in the freezer.
                    The one item I couldn't get was chocolate syrup at Sams... I don't drink beer etc but I like my chocolate milk.

Don't forget to go to Braums if they are in your area. They never ran out of their groceries as most forget they sell them. I would get ice cream but I don't have anywhere to store it.

I'll keep an eye out for a freezer when I'm bored and looking at the computer.
A tip I learned the hard way: get a night light, ideally an led one, and plug it in on the same circuit. Light is on, all is good. Light is out, better check the gfi if there is one, and it the breaker. 

Having a fridge or freezer in the garage is nice. Have no electricity to it really is not nice

When the garage gets over 90 degrees, plug in a small fan and let it blow on the condenser. It'll help.

You can also leave the cover off of the attic access hole in the garage or leave the attic access ladder pulled down a few inches and crack a window. This will allow air flow and help cool the garage and the attic at the same time.
(04-06-2020, 09:07 AM)daddo Wrote: When the garage gets over 90 degrees, plug in a small fan and let it blow on the condenser. It'll help.

You can also leave the cover off of the attic access hole in the garage or leave the attic access ladder pulled down a few inches and crack a window. This will allow air flow and help cool the garage and the attic at the same time.

That is if you have windows in your garage.. Adding a couple short windows up high on the side of the garage is one of the things I want to add if we get to that point. Also putting in a bathroom exhaust fan in garages is recommended by the building science guys. Gotta have makeup air vent for it as well. 

I have a slight gap at the bottom of one of the garage doors and leave the attic hatch open. No ladder as it is not for storage. It is amazing how hot the attic gets even on an overcast 80* day..

We are back to 90* tomorrow here... Course we already hit 95* last week before the cold front. Oh how I hate the weather in Texas...
(04-06-2020, 09:49 AM)Robert Adams Wrote: We are back to 90* tomorrow here... Course we already hit 95* last week before the cold front. Oh how I hate the weather in Texas...

And here I'm hoping it hits 50°F today.  But at least we have sun at the moment - not real common in April up here.
Crazy
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(04-06-2020, 10:02 AM)TDKPE Wrote: And here I'm hoping it hits 50°F today.  But at least we have sun at the moment - not real common in April up here.  
Crazy

Our lows were in the high 30s the other day with the high for the day at 45* then it spikes right back up after that front sputters out. 70 and 78% humidity now. It's humid all the time here. Now off to buy a winning lottery ticket so we can move to Naxos (island in Greece).
(04-06-2020, 01:23 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:                Our lows were in the high 30s the other day with the high for the day at 45* then it spikes right back up after that front sputters out. 70 and 78% humidity now. It's humid all the time here. Now off to buy a winning lottery ticket so we can move to Naxos (island in Greece).

My oldest lives in Katy, and played baseball in southern Florida for a couple of years, and is now coaching in TX (if/when they get back to it).  Though he doesn't care for the extreme heat and humidity, he doesn't really mind it.

Me?  I melt when it gets to 70 with RH above 50%.  Makes visiting them down there a chore, especially when playing outdoors with my grandchildren. 
Dead
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(04-06-2020, 09:49 AM)Robert Adams Wrote:            That is if you have windows in your garage.. Adding a couple short windows up high on the side of the garage is one of the things I want to add if we get to that point. Also putting in a bathroom exhaust fan in garages is recommended by the building science guys. Gotta have makeup air vent for it as well. 

I have a slight gap at the bottom of one of the garage doors and leave the attic hatch open. No ladder as it is not for storage. It is amazing how hot the attic gets even on an overcast 80* day..

We are back to 90* tomorrow here... Course we already hit 95* last week before the cold front. Oh how I hate the weather in Texas...

I have a whole house attic fan that vents into the garage.  I have an open window, a gables vent and a screen door for the heat to escape from (as well as soffit vents).  I don't think the garage ever gets above the ambient temperature unless I shut the fan and run the A.C.

I was really more worried about the cold.  It often gets to the single digits in the winter and occasionally below zero.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-06-2020, 02:09 PM)Cooler Wrote: I have a whole house attic fan that vents into the garage.  I have an open window, a gables vent and a screen door for the heat to escape from (as well as soffit vents).  I don't think the garage ever gets above the ambient temperature unless I shut the fan and run the A.C.

I was really more worried about the cold.  It often gets to the single digits in the winter and occasionally below zero.

That is what I was thinking about also.  If the oil would thicken enough in the cold to prevent starting.  Seems like a lot of the oils were very thin but don't know about all oils.  Roly
Freezer/refrigerator refrigerant oil is close to the same viscosity as the a/c oil in your car/truck.
It's pretty thin.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020