miter saw blades
I have a crappy miter saw blade and need to replace it with a decent one.  What recommendations would you all make  to get a really good blade.  Thanks.
https://www.holbren.com/miter-radial-arm-saw-blades/

Got one.  Love it!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I picked up a Makita from Amazon. I am really happy with it. It is the 12" variety.
I prefer 60 tooth

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

I have a 12" Makita slider that came with a 100 tooth blade. Replaced that with a Forrest Chopmaster. I think the Chopmaster is a stiffer blade, maybe more accurate, and wears longer, but it is 4X the cost of the Makita.  They both make sawdust.  I don't think the Chopmaster is 4X better.
(04-03-2020, 04:31 PM)weelis Wrote: I have a crappy miter saw blade and need to replace it with a decent one.  What recommendations would you all make  to get a really good blade.  Thanks.

Freud blades have served me well and are relatively affordable.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Quote:What recommendations would you all make to get a really good blade. Thanks.

This is like asking what's a really good car?

What's might be good for going fast will be horrible for ascending muddy mountain roads or hauling a trailer full of old woodworking machines.  What you can or are willing to spend is a big factor too.   Do you have access and/or the desire to sharpen blades when they don't cut well ?

What are you cutting primarily ?   A blade that's good on aluminum is no good for steel and will be poor on oak.  What kind and size of saw do you have ?

A blade with a big positive hook is dangerous on a sliding saw while a neg. hook isn't the best on a fixed miter saw.

Specifics please.
(04-04-2020, 08:31 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: A blade with a big positive hook is dangerous on a sliding saw while a neg. hook isn't the best on a fixed miter saw.

I have a cheap 10" fixed miter saw and need a new blade also. Are you suggesting a positive hook for it? I'm kind of confused on what kind I should get. Cutting mostly dimensional lumber.
(06-12-2020, 02:50 PM)ahartung Wrote: I have a cheap 10" fixed miter saw and need a new blade also. Are you suggesting a positive hook for it? I'm kind of confused on what kind I should get. Cutting mostly dimensional lumber.

Do you mean 2x4s form the BORG , or 1x6 oak and cherry from someplace like rockler?   A blade that gives fast cuts on framing lumber isn't going to be great crosscutting oak.

If you have a cheap saw , you're not likely to get value out of a premium blade, so I'd stick to a good blade.

This is a good all around compromise and is available at the orange box store everywhere:
https://www.diablotools.com/products/D1040X