Need lawn mover recommendations
When I used a push mower I found I really prefered one that had outlet ports for both side discharge and mulching.

In the spring there will be weeks the weather/schedule keeps you from mowing when you need too and the grass will get too tall to mulch.  That's when I open the side discharge port and throw the clippings across the lawn.

Then I close the port and a few day later go across the lawn again both mowing the grass the proper size and mulching the last cuttings.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I have a Toro Personal Pace Recycler... my second.  First one was rear wheel drive, this one is front.  Older one handled bumps better.
Previously, I encountered a problem related to the fact that the fishing line can break inside the reel. This resulted in a breakdown when I used a straight trimmer. After I had it repaired several times, the repairman advised me to change the model. Following his advice, I ordered a new trimmer. There is a great online store https://homendgarden.com/best-cordless-string-trimmer/, they have several new models. If pruning is your top priority, then the string trimmer pays off. It's wireless and the charge is enough to mow the lawn. I get a clear and clean line along the edge of the lawn for a professional finish.
I have a Kolbalt self propelled 80 volt mower that I really like for the grandkids play area.  No gas easy to use and quite I had a gas unit before and when I would mow my wife would complain about the smell of the fumes.  Now she likes to mow
After Honda (automobile) screwed me, I am withdrawing my recommendation on the Honda lawnmower.  As a corporate entity, they are not to be trusted.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Cant go wrong with a Honda. The one with the thumb levers for wheel drive is prone to breakage. The one with the bar across the length of the handle is bomb proof
Have a Husqvarna rider for the majority of lawn and a cheap "Lawn Chief" for around the house.  
In my opinion as someone else stated using non e gas with a stabilizer is the key. 
Once I started that regime many years ago I've had zero problems other then standard maintenance. 
My chain saws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, generator. Doesn't matter. Good non ethanol fuel with a stabilizer has been the ticket. I should be more diligent with emptying the tank but haven't had an issue yet
(03-05-2021, 11:34 AM)Maddog Wrote: Have a Husqvarna rider for the majority of lawn and a cheap "Lawn Chief" for around the house.  
In my opinion as someone else stated using non e gas with a stabilizer is the key. 
Once I started that regime many years ago I've had zero problems other then standard maintenance. 
My chain saws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, generator. Doesn't matter. Good non ethanol fuel with a stabilizer has been the ticket. I should be more diligent with emptying the tank but haven't had an issue yet

I found it surprising that Husqvarna, a company famous for its engines, uses Briggs & Stratten engines on their snowblowers (and probably their lawnmowers too).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husqvarna_Motorcycles

1983 saw Husqvarna innovate again with the introduction of a 500 cc bike that set new standards for competition four-strokes. It was lightweight, air-cooled, easy-handling and changed the future of off-road racing motorcycles.[5
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have an Aries rider, made by Husqvarna, with a Briggs engine, 46 inch cut

We have had for over 10 years, no issues
(03-05-2021, 12:54 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: I have an Aries rider, made by Husqvarna, with a Briggs engine, 46 inch cut

We have had for over 10 years, no issues

I bought my Husqvarna rider in 2000.  It has a 15hp Kohler engine with about 1000 hours on it.  I've had to replace an ignition module, the PTO switch and had the steering linkage rebuilt.  Otherwise mostly just normal wear items.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?