What are your goals asperations in turning
now and in the future??

Me I would love to know more about carving so I can do that on turned items.  I would also like to start segmenting,

I would also be very good in all I do in turning so I can teach more to the vets.

Maybe even get better with a skew of which I am good but not excellent.  To go with that maybe some better tools then some of the old carbon tools I have and give away.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-04-2020, 10:00 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Maybe even get better with a skew of which I am good but not excellent.  To go with that maybe some better tools then some of the old carbon tools I have and give away.

Give those old carbon steel tools to me.  I'm still using two very short in the tooth gouges I got with when I purchased Ol'Blue  40 years ago.  I almost begrudge the .001" of steel I take away when I touch them up with the stones (human-powered).

My goal? To someday make something SWMBO likes ....
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
make more hollow form
(04-04-2020, 10:11 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Give those old carbon steel tools to me.  I'm still using two very short in the tooth gouges I got with when I purchased Ol'Blue  40 years ago.  I almost begrudge the .001" of steel I take away when I touch them up with the stones (human-powered).

My goal?  To someday make something SWMBO likes ....

If I send them to you I will have nothing left to use or give away.

Is that your wife seen so much of your turnings or that you have not done anything new?  Did you ask her what she likes?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I would like to make more open segmented pieces with more pieces per row. Greater design options. What is slowing me down with that is the pieces become so small that my fumble fingers get in the way. Skinny long fingers would be better for that. Short and fat not so much
(04-04-2020, 11:00 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Is that your wife seen so much of your turnings or that you have not done anything new?  Did you ask her what she likes?

The closest I get to a compliment from her is "that's interesting." 

To be fair, when she was still capable of going to shows, she used to tell customers how much she liked this or that.  Just wouldn't admit it to me.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I would like to start doing segmented turning. I’ve never tried but would love to. I have a few of Malcolm’s DVD’s

Always put it off not sure why. Probably fear of failure. It’s an issue of mine
Pretty much anything. I’ve been so busy with house and yard stuff, I haven’t had time for the lathe!
VH07V