mess containment with lathe
I have tools and stuff everywhere in the shop. When I do get to play on the lathe it always makes a mess far and wide . Its not fun trying to clean off everything when I'm done . So since I'm kinda lazy I decided to contain the mess at the lathe on the floor so clean up is pretty simple. It aint purdy but it works

So what did you use to hand the curtain on?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Its 1 1/4 inch plastic water pipe
(04-04-2020, 03:32 PM)PVW Wrote: I have tools and stuff everywhere in the shop. When I do get to play on the lathe it always makes a mess far and wide . Its not fun trying to clean off everything when I'm done . So since I'm kinda lazy I decided to contain the mess at the lathe on the floor so clean up is pretty simple. It aint purdy but it works

I like it, looks like it is very effective I currently do something similar but its an old sheet wrapped around  a 1 x2 hanging from hooks in the rafters I like yours much better.
I used baling wire on mine several years ago and in the new shop nothing.  Will have to do it again soon.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's a lot nicer looking than what I've got. I hung an old shower curtain from my 6" dust collection pipe with string. It's hanging between my lathe and my jointer.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Did something similar with mine.

I purchased a 20' x 10' clear tarp.  I was able to get a ceiling track and hooks that hospitals use for privacy curtains and hooked the tarp to that.  The track has a 90* curve so I can close off a 10' x 10' area.  I have 10'-2" ceilings so with the track and hooks the tarp just barely touches the floor 

Perfect for turning and keeping shavings from flying through the shop. 

You're right, it's a pain to clean up around other tools and such.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV