A new til for the planes?
Looking good and thanks for the "build-a-long!"

Doug
Road trip this morning ( 2 miles, each way..whoppee) now have the Plexiglass and 5 handles from Lowes.  Yes, I wore a mask.   Lunch by way of Burger King Drive-Thru...

Ok...drawer No.1 is out of the clamps..
Winkgrin

Sides cleaned up..
Cool

Circles are where squares had been installed, to fill in where the grooves would have shown through....
Cool

handle was installed after I had ground the pointy ends off....didn't like the teardrop ends..
No .then stashed the drawer, for now...
Winkgrin  

At least until the stain arrives.   Then worked on Drawer No. 2.....dovetails made, all parts dry fitted, bottom panel trimmed to fit...was a bit too wide..then..

Clamps, cauls and glue arrived.  Needed the vise as a third hand...makes adding more clamps easier....only one problem..
Rolleyes  

No place to set this forest of clamps, so I could work on Drawer No. 3....Well, being a Monday and all....didn't want to press my luck, anyway...
Winkgrin
Stay tuned....will get #3 done tomorrow...and then start working on a door, or two.....might have the hinges by then...
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Bandit

I like the first one you have shown with the planes in it.  What is it you do not like about it??

Me I am thinking it would be easy to see and lift out and put back in.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Got tired of cleaning all the dang dust off of them.   And, it didn't hold enough planes..
Appointment to get my finger poked this morning, Blood Thinner Clinic.   Reading was 1.9
Cool   Screened on the way in...passed. Can't wear my glasses AND that dang mask....walking around in a fog....

May skip Lunch until later today....want to get the last drawer glued up....so I can start on a door..or two...may just do two....less door to swing around..
Rolleyes

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
OK

I love how this one is coming out.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Time to get caught up.   Drawer #2 is completed...handled, and stashed away..
Winkgrin

Handles needed reground...didn't care for the shape they came in..
No

So, a grinder and a cup of water..
Rolleyes 

Should do the trick.   Drawer itself got planed...
Cool 

Marks made to center the handle on the drawer front..

Pilot holes for the screws was by North Brothers #41...Checked drawer #1..

Thought I heard something rattling around....

Drawer #3 was then dovetailed, bottom was cut to fit...and that forest of clamps came back..
Rolleyes

And I thought I was down for the day... 
Uhoh 
Decided I wanted a molding around the drawer openings, to give something for the doors to rest on..
Rolleyes

nothing fancy, mind you.   But to get the needed stock, I needed to rip a few 1 x 6s down....might as well mill the parts for the doors, too..
Confused

4 stiles, and 4 rails...grooved for the plexiglass panel, too.
Cool 

Means I need to sketch up all the cuts I need to make...to make the two doors.   After I get the last drawer done. 

Sure to involve a bit of cussing...
Rolleyes 

Stay tuned...
Winkgrin
Drawer #3 is...done, and fitted..
Winkgrin

Mortise & Tenons started up...with a jig..
Cool

To hold the stiles in place, while I chop a mortise..

Then a dry fit...

Doors will meet with a "lap joint"....had to do a piece of scrap to check on how it will look..
Rolleyes

Can fine tune for a better fit, later.  

Shopping trip to pick up the hinges, a latch, something to cut the plexiglass with....and a shop light, for over the sanding center/drill press area...and forgot a light bulb
No 

maybe after supper, I can get something done, today?
Confused

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Fine tune a rebate? 

With a skewed rebate plane, of course....Left hand door has been assembled, glued up.  Unclamped this morning, squared the ends.   attached the hinges to the door..

Then check the swing...
Winkgrin

Then work on the right hand door....mortises done a bit differently...
Rolleyes

Used fewer tools, too..
Winkgrin  

Dry fit, and mark the new plexiglass for length..
Winkgrin 

Took the plexiglass cutter back to Lowes, was a waste of $4....panel for the left hand door snapped....just not in the right places.  Wound up cutting a panel for the left door with the tablesaw.....today, I made Lowes do the cutting....I only had to trim the end for length,,by about a 1/4"....used the Tablesaw saw and rip fence....Ok, glue clamps and cauls time
Cool 

C clamps and cauls to keep the corners flat, and added a helper to keep the clamp's pad in place....

One spot needed two cauls...and..

Checked the corners for square....leaning up against the plexiglass panel, btw. 
Will let this sit a day...then add the hinge and the handle....then think about a stain to apply...
Confused

Stay tuned.
Winkgrin
It's looking good.