Wiring a single Phase Mag starter
My saw is currently set up so that the safety paddle switch behaves like a pressure switch for a compressor and works fine.
Now that I have some free time, I am looking to wire the Shihlin P35T mag starter so that if power accidently shuts off, the Unisaw does not fire up once power is back on. 

Wiring diagram is virtually identical to this:
http://www.ccparts.net/Shihlin_diagram_p...h_only.JPG

The saw is circa 1973 with a 5hp single phase motor running on 240volts.

Can someone offer a quick "wiring a mag switch for Dummies" tutorial? 

Thanks in advance
(04-06-2020, 06:21 AM)brianwelch Wrote: My saw is currently set up so that the safety paddle switch behaves like a pressure switch for a compressor and works fine.
Now that I have some free time, I am looking to wire the Shihlin P35T mag starter so that if power accidently shuts off, the Unisaw does not fire up once power is back on. 

Wiring diagram is virtually identical to this:
http://www.ccparts.net/Shihlin_diagram_p...h_only.JPG

The saw is circa 1973 with a 5hp single phase motor running on 240volts.

Can someone offer a quick "wiring a mag switch for Dummies" tutorial? 

Thanks in advance
https://www.theautomationstore.com/contr...p-circuit/
see if this might help
south vietnam war collage
I'm trying to figure out a few things with that diagram.  For one, terminal 14 is mismarked - should be NO.  Also, I don't know what the common terminals are for those eight aux contact terminals.  Can't have NO and NC without a COM.  

Presumably you want to use momentary start/stop buttons rather than sustained.  That's a pretty simple proposition, as shown in the video above.  But a little poking around is necessary to determine what terminals are the unidentified commons.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(04-06-2020, 11:03 AM)TDKPE Wrote: Presumably you want to use momentary start/stop buttons rather than sustained.  That's a pretty simple proposition, as shown in the video above.  But a little poking around is necessary to determine what terminals are the unidentified commons.

Correct wrt to momentary switch...I really feel inept in not being able to interpret/interpolate the information in the video to my situation...Mental block of some sort...
Thanks
(04-06-2020, 11:03 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I'm trying to figure out a few things with that diagram.  For one, terminal 14 is mismarked - should be NO.  Also, I don't know what the common terminals are for those eight aux contact terminals.  Can't have NO and NC without a COM.  

Presumably you want to use momentary start/stop buttons rather than sustained.  That's a pretty simple proposition, as shown in the video above.  But a little poking around is necessary to determine what terminals are the unidentified commons.

Just looked at the actual device. You are correct in that terminal 14 IS mismarked on the diagram. It is labeled as NO in reality.
Can you post a few photos of the control?
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(04-06-2020, 11:03 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I'm trying to figure out a few things with that diagram.  For one, terminal 14 is mismarked - should be NO.  Also, I don't know what the common terminals are for those eight aux contact terminals.  Can't have NO and NC without a COM.  

I would think A1 and A2 are the coil terminals and also a common to the aux contacts on each side.  With this set up you could have either a closed or open aux contact in either state of the contractor.  Is 95 & N a overload ?   A simple continuity test to check if  A2 is common with T13,21,22,and 14 (remove jumper between A2 and T14 for this test.   A1 should be common with T43,31,32,and 41 .   Roly
A1 and A2 are almost certainly the two ends of the control coil.  That's common nomenclature for relays.

But we need to identify the commons that go with the aux contacts.

Too slow - Roly beat me to it.
Tom

(04-06-2020, 01:10 PM)Roly Wrote: A simple continuity test to check if  A2 is common with T13,21,22,and 14 (remove jumper between A2 and T14 for this test.   A1 should be common with T43,31,32,and 41 .   Roly

They should show continuity only with the NC terminals until energized, at which point there's continuity with the NO terminals.

But I've never seen a single common with more than one set of NC/NO terminals.  Maybe I need to get out more.  
Yes
Tom

(04-06-2020, 01:19 PM)TDKPE Wrote: They should show continuity only with the NC terminals until energized, at which point there's continuity with the NO terminals.

But I've never seen a single common with more than one set of NC/NO terminals.  Maybe I need to get out more.  
Yes

I forgot to mention you need to manually operate the contactor to see if they all change state.   Tom I haven't seen this type of set up either but could see the advantage for non standard control set up.  Roly