WTB: Rockler 12" quick release end vise
As the ad states, looking to purchase a Rockler 12" Quick Release End Vise.  If you have one you are not using or would like to sell, please reach out to me.  Thanks!
(04-06-2020, 02:06 PM)greatscott Wrote: As the ad states, looking to purchase a Rockler 12" Quick Release End Vise.  If you have one you are not using or would like to sell, please reach out to me.  Thanks!

I'm sure you've chosen this model with good reason. I will tell you that I finally got so fed up with clearing chips out of the QR mechanism that I just wired it shut to override the function.  The design lets too much spoil right into the mechanism.  This unit is about 10 years old.  Maybe they've solved the issue but, I would look is over carefully before I installed it.  Not sour grapes.  Just trying to share my experience so others don't have to suffer.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

(04-07-2020, 10:37 AM)GeeDub Wrote: I'm sure you've chosen this model with good reason. I will tell you that I finally got so fed up with clearing chips out of the QR mechanism that I just wired it shut to override the function.  The design lets too much spoil right into the mechanism.  This unit is about 10 years old.  Maybe they've solved the issue but, I would look is over carefully before I installed it.  Not sour grapes.  Just trying to share my experience so others don't have to suffer.

Thanks for the feedback.  Something I have read about and have considered.  While I like the QR functionality, it's not a game-changer if I have to wire it shut.  I wonder if I even read your comment online about wiring it shut.