Bandsaw Tires
I know very little about anything, and near the top of the list is the bandsaw.  I have a Jet 18" and the tires have become loose.  I replaced the original tires probably 12 years ago with polyurethane.  The saw does not get heavy use.  It does not have a quick release so the only time the tension is relaxed is during blade change.  Just a guess and a question, is that the reason the tires stretched?  Second question...am I using the wrong tire?

I'm getting too old to fight and install new tires!  Oh well.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I have a 14" Jet that threw a rubber tire on the bottom wheel not long ago. It was never glued, so this past weekend, I glued it back on. It is a bit chewed up from when it was thrown, but I dressed it up with a scraper blade. I am wondering if I need to replace them. It was pretty easy to pry them off and get them back on. From what I understand, poly tires are not necessarily an upgrade, but they have the advantage of not needing to be glued.
The unglued rubber tires on my 14" Delta stretched over time until the saw practically vibrated across the room.  I replaced them with polyurethane ones and all is well again.  It's not hard but it does take a bit of arm strength to pull the poly tires over the wheel.  I couple of 12 - 18" pry bars make the job a lot easier.  

John
There are folks that get away with not releasing tension, and it's a continual argument whether you should. But I wouldn't have thought the urethane tires would fail in the use you described...so maybe the tension thing was part of the problem. It's not that big a deal, especially in occasional use, to de-tension. You'll need tp replace them...I'd stay with urethane and de-tension when not in use.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I always release tension on my BS, which I have couple for WWing and couple for cutting metal. I have never had an issue with tires, which two of the saws I have had for almost 20yrs now.
1. I replaced the OE tires on my Jet 18" Bandsaw a few months ago. What a pain!! I did figure out to really boil those tires and try to work fast. The 2" spring clamps help a ton.
2. I need to go out and release the tension on my bandsaw. I always forget. Maybe I need to make a sign.

BTW, I bought the widely available orange urethane tires.
Clearly this is the price you pay for taking a tool for granted.  Speaking of price, oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!  I believe, generally, you get what you pay for.  How can there be such a huge price range?  For the 18", prices are from $33 to $202 for two tires, that's crazy.  Of course the cheapest are from China.  There are shinny blue, satin blue, red, orange, clear, and who knows?

Anyone have a bad experience with a certain tire and/or company?  I'm looking for guidance; don't want go through this again!

I will be releasing tension in the future...lesson learned!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
This is what I bought/installed - https://www.amazon.com/URETHANE-BAND-TIR...915&sr=8-2