quarantine shop time
Although I'm not truly in quarantine (still working, although in an isolated office), I've gotten more shop time the last 2 or 3 weeks than I usually get in 2 or 3 months.  Gotten a few things done that I've meant to do for ages.

First, I collected all the various clamps that were sitting in boxes and on shelves and under tables, etc. etc. , and got them into one place.  The casters are old and don't work very well, so it doesn't roll about freely, but at least we know where to go to get clamps now!

Second, I discarded my old table saw sled - it was so beaten and out of whack that I couldn't get anything nearing an accurate cut from it. It had just become a space waster and when I did try to use it, I just ended up aggravated and frustrated. So, I made a small one.  I have a couple of miter gauges, so I got one locked exactly on to 90 degrees, and made the sled to run off of it.  I may add a permanent runner later, but for now, I like it this way.  In any event, my little sled is, to quote the lovely Marisa Tormei from My Cousin Vinnie, "dead on balls accurate."  I'm getting perfectly square cuts with it -- it works so well that even I though I haven't actually used it for a project yet, I keep randomly cutting pieces of scrap wood just to admire the results when  I put the square to them.   The stop block is made from a little device that I carried off from my dad's old shop when he passed away.  I have 2 of them.  I have no idea what their original use was - there's a place in the top for a rod of some sort to go through, and a set screw to lock it in place, but I don't know what its actual purpose was.  Regardless, I couldn't have found anything more perfect to make a cheap, quick, accurate stop block from.  I super-glued a washer onto a nut to put on the end of the thumbscrew so it wouldn't dig holes in the back of the fence, and it works great. One quick turn and it locks down tightly.   

Third, I've dabbled with making picture frames, and my son sometimes makes chess boards that he uses wooden borders for, and we have never had great luck cutting 45s with much accuracy.  Problem is now solved!  This miter sled nails them every time.  I added the faces to the center triangle, thinking it would make using a stop block easier, but for whatever reason, I never could get the triangle sides exactly 90 degrees to the base, so I had to add the blocks at the top so I could pull the top of the fences back a little.  Now they are dead on.  I added some fine grit sandpaper to the fence faces to keep work pieces from slipping, and it works great.

That's all I've accomplished so far, but more coming soon, I hope!
Nice use of your time.  I made a similar jig for miter cuts, it took a while to get it tuned in, but once I got that,  picture frames came out much better.
I need to do some of the same myself. To some extant I've found that things I've put off in the past because I didn't have time really weren't put off because I didn't have time.
Laugh  But i don't have a TS sled for miters and always though I should build one....now might be the time.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Same here, working from home.  But I have more shop time as a result.  So far I've built a big spice shelf for the kitchen as well as a hanging cabinet for the bathroom.  I've been making fittings for tools for my Dutch Tool Chest, and I made a special mounting bracket for my Gramercy Tools Saw Vise so I can mount it in the tail vise of my ancient Sjobergs bench.  I also made a diamond plate holder a la Paul Sellers to mount the thin diamond plates he reviewed some weeks ago on his blog.

Strange times.  I'm keeping busy and enjoying getting some shop time.  Now I just have to find a way to turn those fluffy shavings into toilet paper.

DC
I’m jealous. My shop time, all free time actually, has disappeared. I’m stuck at home with a 16mo old and a first grader and my wife is insisting on working from home even though she has an office in town with literally nobody else in it. Ever. School work just started back online this week so that’s even more awesome.

I’m beginning to understand why some species eat their young and/or their mates.
-Marc

Before the quarantine but after the virus outbreak I'd started patching the plaster (old house with lathe and plaster walls) in 2 rooms and then painting them during the social distancing phase.  Then there was the lathe steady rest I made for large turnings.  There was making a new set of wood parts for the shaper fence so I would have permanent mounting points for Board Buddy's and not have to get out the C-clamps.  Made some T-bolts for the shaper fence so I don't have to find a wrench any more to adjust or remove the fence.  I made a storage system for the chuck, faceplates and misc. parts for the lathe so they're all in one place.  I'd started a cherry bookcase for my grandson which I'd had issues temperature wise to spray finish on.  Well it warmed up enough so I got the finish done and put it into his bedroom while everyone was out of the apartment and he was in daycare.  There are more things I've done but you get the idea.  Been going crazy without something to do, at least getting some things done.
I can't complain about working from home as I am retired. However I do have certain routines that have been interrupted because of the quarantine. So I decided to get into the shop and do some things I have put off for too long. Finally made an outfeed table for my cabinet saw. About 10 years ago my wife bought me a Dubby cut-off sled. Found that (both the left and right sides) sitting in a box on top of a cabinet so I put the right side together, will do the left next week... maybe.  Need to make a clamp rack so that made me look at wall space in my shop. So am now rearranging things and re-routing my dust collection system. This quarantine needs to end!
Big Grin
Dave