WTB: band claamps
So I cut the box for our daughter's dresser I'm building (I know, I know....."We need a Build-Along!!!".  I'll snap some pictures and publish them in the Woodworking folder shortly).

Anywho, I just need to cut the biscuits and then I can band clamp it all up.  I only have 3 band clamps and I need more.  Anyone have any?  Mine are the old school ones (the ones where you use a box wrench to tighten them up).   Old school ones would be fine.

The carcass is approx 16 ft around and I married up 2 of my band clamps to allow it to reach all the way round.  I have a 3rd one, but I'd like to get 3 more so I can band it with 3 bands.

So, do you have any you'd like to get rid of?  If they're < 8 ft, I'll need 3, but if you've go some with > 17 ft of webbing then I'd only need 2.

(Suppose I could go to that big South America River commerce site to buy some, but I thought I'd check here first)
Dumber than I appear
Got any ratchet straps?

Those, coupled with a couple well placed wedges for extra tightness will work.

But do protect your wood from the strap. Perhaps some folded cardboard at the corners.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(04-09-2020, 09:14 AM)barnowl Wrote: Got any ratchet straps?

But do protect your wood from the strap. Perhaps some folded cardboard at the corners.

What Barn said.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

Hmmm....need to check the car trunk if I have any there  (what they're doing in our trunk......I dunno)
Dumber than I appear

and add a couple pieces of cardboard or some ply under the ratchet itself.

if things are not quite behaving when you do the dry-fit, you can cut a some corner pieces (L's) out of scrap to put under the ratchet strap.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Just use a length of rope to extend?
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me