Drawer slides
Tongue 
When I look for a 10inch full extension, ball bearing, drawer slides on eBay, how can I tell if they are the kind that pull apart? I am trying to make something that would require that feature and I don't want to pay much for it as this may not work and I wouldn't be out too much if it doesn't. Thanks  Stan
Smile
Sorry for being dense, but what do you mean by "pull apart"? All of them I've ever seen has a drawer member that will separate from the ball bearing track. Among the various brands they are several different style release used for this, but they all do the same job....you wouldn't be able to install them without that feature.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(04-10-2020, 10:47 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Sorry for being dense, but what do you mean by "pull apart"? All of them I've ever seen has a drawer member that will separate from the ball bearing track. Among the various brands they are several different style release used for this, but they all do the same job....you wouldn't be able to install them without that feature.

Can't imagine using or installing them if they couldn't come apart.. As far as I know this is a feature of every full extension drawer slide. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
I've used this style (longer version) for several projects.  They work great and the price is good.  They are very similar to the style Home Depot carries at about 1/4 the price.  If you need rear face-frame brackets, they are sold separately.

The drawer-mount part comes completely out with a small lever.  I can take a detail picture if you need.  Getting them back together takes a bit of coordination because you have to get the inner slide in between a set of bearings.  I take each set apart because I can mount the inner slide to the drawer box more easily on the bench.

https://www.wwhardware.com/kv-tt100-econ...vtt100-b10
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Thanks for the info ,thats why I asked Stan
I wish you were nearby, I could stand to get rid of some 10" slides
Not all slides come apart. https://www.accuride.com/products/drawer...nect-slide I have used many over the years. It is truly an advantage to have them disconnect for mounting.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry