18" Bandsaw: Do I Need 3hp & Brake?
Thanks for the update, you got a very nice saw.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(04-13-2020, 03:46 PM)paul2004 Wrote: I have the 18" Rikon, which I won't attempt to talk you into, but I am very happy with it.
No brake, but I just don't see the need.  IMO, small kids should not be in the workshop when a bandsaw, tablesaw or joiner is running...   Adults are aware enough not to put their hands near the blade/cutting head until it comes to a stop.
I walk away, and let my BS blade spin down. Not a big deal.

I guess based on your three options, I Would get the big Jet or the Laguna.  And I would get that subpanel installed ASAP.. That's where the safety concern should be , IMO..  Plus you will really enjoy being able to put in additional plugs, wall switches for the dust collector, etc..  If money is tight, I would do the subpanel before getting a new BS.

Paul. 

Man.

Big shout out. 

You were so right. 

Big thanks. I love it.