turning demo
I just got this email...TreeStuff is company that sells tree care equipment.  Periodically, they have other fun/random stuff - like a live wood turning demonstration today.  No idea how amateur or professional it will be.  Thought some folks might be interested.  If you are bored and want to watch, here is what I know:

1pm today 4/11.  (I know, short notice)

Our pal Nick Araya (CTSP and owner/operator of TreeCareLA) will be taking over TreeStuff's Facebook page to stream a wood turning demo in just a few hours. Pop in to chat and see how he turns wood from his tree service into a cool finished product!

To watch the stream: Go to the TreeStuff Facebook page at 1 EST / 10 PDT and click on the live video.
To bad I do not have a FB account.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(04-12-2020, 12:57 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: To bad I do not have a FB account.

I personally think Facebook and similar social media are directly responsible for the a lot of what's 'wrong' nowadays... but it's also a great resource for stuff like this.  Might also help you reach out to more veterans with your thing.  Takes about 5 minutes to sign up.
Youtube would be the best platform for live streaming. FB and IG limit your audience.
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

(04-13-2020, 05:04 AM)KC Wrote: I personally think Facebook and similar social media are directly responsible for the a lot of what's 'wrong' nowadays... but it's also a great resource for stuff like this.  Might also help you reach out to more veterans with your thing.  Takes about 5 minutes to sign up.

Yes Facebook has turned into a cesspool of political arguments but there are plenty of woodworking groups that make it worth keeping an account. I just log on, ignore the newsfeed and go directly to one of my groups.