Pear box with bubinga box
Made this as a gift. Pear with orange shellac and wax on the outside, bubinga with wipe on poly on the inside. Came out nice, top is a little slabby now that I look at it.

[Image: 02%20Pear%20box%20for%20Jackie-M.jpg]

[Image: 01%20Pear%20box%20for%20Jackie-M.jpg]
[Image: 03%20Pear%20box%20for%20Jackie-M.jpg]
[Image: 05%20Pear%20box%20for%20Jackie-M.jpg]
[Image: 06%20Pear%20box%20for%20Jackie-M.jpg]
[Image: 07%20Pear%20box%20for%20Jackie-M.jpg]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Very nice box and great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
John
Love the 'handle' on the lid!
Very nice work. The top looks well porportioned to me--

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I remember the build along on the box but not the insert.  The whole thing looks wonderful and the grain on the Bubinga is stunning. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Looks great, love the handle & Bulbinga
(04-13-2020, 04:48 AM)KC Wrote: Love the 'handle' on the lid!

+1

That gentle curve makes all the difference.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
I've never seen pear wood before. It has a nice orange color. Does it retain that color over time?

Nice box by the way.
(04-14-2020, 07:56 PM)stav Wrote: I've never seen pear wood before. It has a nice orange color. Does it retain that color over time?

Nice box by the way.

Thanks. I used orange shellac, 1# cut from flakes. It gives it a nice warm tone that works well on pear. Unfinished pear is a little more pale and pinkish.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
It looks good to me. I don't think there is a problem at all with the top.

We are after all, our own worst critics!

Big Grin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me