grout problems / need advice
  Re: grout problems / need advice by mlincoln (Hello, we're having ...)
Good luck getting an answer you can use at johnbridge. They'll probably tell you to tear it all out and lay down the ditra mat, etc.

Go buy a bottle of sealer. Pour it liberally down the wall of your shower. Wait a day for it to dry. Hit the area with water. If nothing runs off, you're golden. If it's still streaky, demand the contractor completely remove 100% of the grout and install a grout that won't run. Spend an hour and $5 and have a definite answer.
  Re: RE: grout problems / need advice by Phil Thien (Huh. Did they rep...)
(04-16-2020, 12:19 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Huh.

Did they replace the grout, or dye it?

Me thinks they dyed it.

That is my take on this too. 

I have re-grouted some tile and the amount of hand labor to remove the old grout was extensive.  I would not expect a contractor to agree to re-grouting so easily.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
  Re: grout problems / need advice by mlincoln (Hello, we're having ...)
Thank you for all the answers.  Last week I went to the JB tile forum and registered, but my registration has not been accepted.  I have a feeling that (like everything else) with the cornonavirus things have sort of broken down.

Thank you for all the suggestions.