Murphy bed done
It doesn't qualify as fine woodworking but it was a nice distraction to the whole corona thing.
As a bonus, it also crossed off an item on my wife's wish list. The plans and lift kit both came from Rockler.

Attached Files Image(s)

Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
(04-17-2020, 10:28 AM)Terry W Wrote: It doesn't qualify as fine woodworking but it was a nice distraction to the whole corona thing.
As a bonus, it also crossed off an item on my wife's wish list. The plans and lift kit both came from Rockler.

FYI, It might look like white melamine but it's all edge banded 3/4 ply and poplar trim.
Excellent. One of these is on my list too for when the grandkids stay over.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

It looks great.  I bet it is going to make that room so much more functional than if there was a regular bed in there.  

I wish I could make my regular bed a Murphy.  No more making the bed in the mornings, etc. Sadly, my wife says no.
What's surprising is it took 6 sheets of 3/4 birch ply, plus a sheet of 1/4 ply to make.