"Cleopatra's Roman Vase"
"Cleopatra's Roman Vase"

This piece has been segmented with Pommele Sapele and Teak, the turned vessel is 6" x 10" and the handles are Teak, all the work was hand carved no C&C was used. There are 16 hand carved fluted sections and 8 X's and well over 100 pieces total in this project the finish is mat Lacquer.
I always look forward to your posts - and I'm never disappointed...

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous!  The wood is beautiful! I've never used a matt finish.  Why did you choose matt over satin or gloss?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thank you Big Dave and Bill.....Bill I just said Mat finish it's the same as satin in my old school mind: I thought Gloss would make the piece look to new and would also be harder to photograph as well.

Bruce
That is awesome Great work
finding pommele sapele lumber is pretty tough. Only once have I had the opportunity. I'd be hesitant to use it in turnings. You put it to good effect.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Another beautiful piece Bruce!
Thank you Turner, Steve and Frank ....Steve I had a really nice supply sorry to say I'm down to just a few pieces that will be segmented only. I wish you could pick up all that beauty that falls to the floor in dust & chips and make a board from it.

Bruce
That is nice!

Is there a build-a-long?
VH07V  
(04-18-2020, 03:45 AM)EightFingers Wrote: That is nice!  

Is there a build-a-long?

Thank you Eight Fingers ....No Build along on this piece This one was started and stopped so many times some of the rings were made in 2018 and sat till 2019 until I put them together then some turning and it sat until 2020 when I pushed to finish the piece.

Bruce