Dust Collection: Talk Me Out of This
(04-17-2020, 10:27 PM)Murray M Wrote: I often build on site so my shop is mostly portable. 

However, I have a few stationary tools that need dust collection:
1) Miter saw with Rousseau Dust Hood 
2) 14" Vintage bandsaw with the miserable tiny dust port
3) 18" modern bandsaw with 2 4" ports

Just keep this in mind.. I was a hobbyist woodworker, I had one of those bag dust collectors. After maybe 10 years or so, I developed an allergy to oak sawdust (That was the wood I used the most)..  So that spurred me to get a cyclone.
It's a great thing to have.. the shop no longer has a layer of dust all over everything the next day. The air is clear. My allergies are  minimized (Even though I still wear a mask of course).. No dust all over the house and the rest of the basement.
Buying a cyclone (I got a Clearview) was the best thing I ever did for my shop.
If you or someone else has the money to get one, I highly recommend it, for your health. 

I don't know how the Rousseau hood works, but you can easily make a plywood enclosure for the back of the miter saw and drop a 6" sewer and drain pipe behind the dust exhaust to get must better dust collection there.

I don't know if you have a planer or jointer or drum sander, but it is especially good for that.
Someone did dust measurements of tools, I Forget the exact parameters of the test, but he found that joiners put the most dust into the air.. Does his test stand up to extreme scruntity? Maybe not, but the point is that planers and joiners put a lot of dust into the air that can hurt your health.

Anyhow, so get it if you have the money. It's worth it.
This is another example of why it is vitally important to have a 'tool fund" available
at all times. To pounce when the deal arrives.

Well done.

Oh, and yes, You Suck!!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Way to go - glad it worked out well for you! Man, what a deal!!!

Doug
Great buy!! Soo many used machines out there!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.