Dust Collection: Talk Me Out of This
Well, that worked out well.
Let us know how the bandsaw dust collection works.
Are you going to hook that to the vac or the cyclone?

Matt
And.of.course, make sure you ground it, or you will void your grandchildren 's insurance policies

Ducking and running.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
(04-20-2020, 10:53 PM)Murray M Wrote: Roll your eyes that I'll be using a 5hp cyclone to keep 3 tools clean. When does one ever have the problem of comically too much power? There will definitely be room to grow...

In this case, there's really no downside to having 'too much'.  The motor doesn't care, as choking down the air flow just reduces the load on the motor.  If the blower has a better performance curve than what you were using, you'll still get more air flow through those small hoses than the old system.  There really is no down side.

That was a steal, by the way.  
Yes
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(04-22-2020, 10:35 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Time honored tradition----You Suck!!!!
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

Thanks!
I'm thrilled
(04-23-2020, 09:31 AM)mdhills Wrote: Are you going to hook that to the vac or the cyclone?

Matt

I think I'm required to take it to the cyclone. It will take me a while to set this up...
(04-20-2020, 10:53 PM)Murray M Wrote: Update:

I just bought an Oneida 5hp cyclone and a whole truck load stacked high with 8", 7", 6" and 4" ducting, wyes, flextubes, gates & a sweep for $400 on CL. It's from 2009 and was "only really used for 4 years". 

The amazingly gracious seller also tossed in a larger Fein vacuum. Once I got home I was amazed to find that one of the galvanized fittings is the legendary accessory for delta 14" bandsaws that upgrades their dust port to 4" and encloses more of the underside. This is the bs I have and I don't even want to admit how much time I've spent online looking for this super rare accessory. Can you imagine the look on my face when I took this fitting over to see if there was any way I could make it work and it just bolted right on? Insert explicative. 

Roll your eyes that I'll be using a 5hp cyclone to keep 3 tools clean. When does one ever have the problem of comically too much power? There will definitely be room to grow...

Told you!

Laugh
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

What a score, congrats.
(04-24-2020, 12:39 AM)Bob10 Wrote: Told you!

I'm in your debt. Big thanks!
(04-24-2020, 09:01 AM)Murray M Wrote: I'm in your debt. Big thanks!

Happy to help
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.