Source for 'finished' mdf doors and drawer fronts
I usually make my own wood doors and drawer fronts but have used rawdoors.  A coworker of mine asked where to get 'finished' (HPL, thermafoil, ?) mdf cabinet doors and drawer fronts online. I had no idea. Any good sources?
When I did residential kitchens, we had a lifetime warranty on the cabinetry. There was a customer that had thermofoil doors and drawer fronts. Early in my 4 year career there, we went out and replaced about 6 or 7 doors and drawers. Over the next 4 years, we replaced every door and drawer front at least once, including the first set that I did. These all came from a well known national manufacturer. From what I understand, they discontinued the thermofoil line because of the high failure rate. 

Bottom line, I would do a lot of research before investing a bunch of money in thermofoil.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(04-19-2020, 06:39 AM)museumguy Wrote: When I did residential kitchens, we had a lifetime warranty on the cabinetry. There was a customer that had thermofoil doors and drawer fronts. Early in my 4 year career there, we went out and replaced about 6 or 7 doors and drawers. Over the next 4 years, we replaced every door and drawer front at least once, including the first set that I did. These all came from a well known national manufacturer. From what I understand, they discontinued the thermofoil line because of the high failure rate. 

Bottom line, I would do a lot of research before investing a bunch of money in thermofoil.

Thanks, not for me.
(04-19-2020, 06:39 AM)museumguy Wrote: When I did residential kitchens, we had a lifetime warranty on the cabinetry. There was a customer that had thermofoil doors and drawer fronts. Early in my 4 year career there, we went out and replaced about 6 or 7 doors and drawers. Over the next 4 years, we replaced every door and drawer front at least once, including the first set that I did. These all came from a well known national manufacturer. From what I understand, they discontinued the thermofoil line because of the high failure rate. 

This happened to me after doing the whole kitchen in thermofoil Looked great for a few years, then the thermofoil started delaminating from the MDF substrate. I've reglued most of it and it seems to be holding. However, once it's loose it chips/breaks off real easy. 

It's unfortunate, it is a great surface as it is easy to clean.
Kevin
Google Arkansas Doors, for anything other than thermofoil.
Last I looked they were doing drawers also.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

cabinetnow.com sells them
https://www.cabinetnow.com/cabinet-doors...net-doors/
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
Most MDF cabinet doors have rounded corners as they build the door from a single sheet of MDF and CNC router the shape.  I personally do not like the look.  Slab doors do look fine however (in my opinion).

[Image: 756_ar756_949t_wl.jpg]

[Image: eac27cdb0a963a46_4761-w240-h319-b0-p0--.jpg]

They look worse in person.  To me they scream "builder's grade".  I do not mind shaker cabinet doors where the insert is 1/4" MDF and they have wood rails and stiles.  That is a good compromise for me.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.