Weird plumbing
I have a slow shower drain in the basement of my ranch style house. I have run a 25 foot snake through it and I still see a slow drain. None of the other drains seem to be affected. When I have had a clog in the main sewer drain in the past, I have had a backup in the tub in question. It has not happened. I am lost.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Is this a city sewer, or to your septic? So the first 25 feet are okay. What lies beyond? Could a tree root be in the pipe?
Is the shower the closest to where the main drain leaves the house, or furthest away? is it somewhere in the middle? does it tie into a a branch line, or go direct tot he main line? if a branch, is there a toilet on that branch?

(04-19-2020, 12:47 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Is the shower the closest to where the main drain leaves the house, or furthest away? is it somewhere in the middle? does it tie into a a branch line, or go direct tot he main line? if a branch, is there a toilet on that branch?

I am on a septic which has just been replaced in the last 18 months. It is very close to the main line. I would say less than 5 feet. It was put in on a basement remodel about 20 years ago,
And just to be clear, this is a new problem, the drain previously ran fine?
(04-19-2020, 11:03 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: And just to be clear, this is a new problem, the drain previously ran fine?

My first thought as well. 

If this has been an ongoing problem and the drain seems to be clear, then I would next suspect the vent line is either obstructed, not installed correctly, or not installed at all?
(04-20-2020, 06:46 AM)jamesglenn Wrote: My first thought as well. 

If this has been an ongoing problem and the drain seems to be clear, then I would next suspect the vent line is either obstructed, not installed correctly, or not installed at all?

It has worked fine for years. It is the shower I use after work so it gets plenty of tough use, especially during the summer. I will check the vent today. I have not checked yet because I thought if it was a vent, it would have showed up in another drain.