Small Project for the Van
I wanted a cup holder for the swiveled passenger seat in the van.  Driver seat has a cup holder on the counter.  I needed to attach it to the B-pillar, but it would have been a major undertaking to remove the plastic cover to add an attachment point.  So I used the only access I had.

I really like making curvy things.

[Image: 7D04D1A5-499F-4FED-BF1E-EF0E5901C35D.jpg]

The end result:

[Image: 477AE287-0DCA-4264-B392-30659F5ECBD8.jpg]

It swivels out of the way.

[Image: ECB09CC7-C187-4ACC-9EF8-E81AC007B626.jpg]

I drilled a hole in the plastic cover just to the rear of the rectangular hole the seatbelt comes out of.  Through that rectangular hole, I snuck in a small piece of ply with an insert nut and taped it to the rear of the plastic.  I then put a bolt through the wood and plastic into the insert nut.  If the assembly ever wants to twist, double-stick tape will put an end to that notion, but at the moment it appears rock solid.

[Image: C5CADF18-C7A9-4A07-B140-E84331F879B7.jpg]

To paint the base, I pulled out the never-used can of paint I had color-matched to the cab vinyl in December, 2014.  I figured I would need it some day, but I didn’t know I would need it during a stay-home pandemic.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Nice work and a very clever method of attaching it. Nothing like a long time out to take care of those projects you wanted to do but couldn't find time for.  

John
Well done!!

Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Very nice and I'm sure you feel good about the end result

Jim

Cool
Nice fit.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It looks like it grew there.  Nice job!
Very creative, nice job.
John
Quite inventive and as was mentioned earlier, creative! You used your imagination on that one Carolyn - well done!
Smile

Doug