So I finished cutting the parts for our fence
You might remember a while back I posted a few ?? about replacing our fence:

Well, there's 25 pickets and 2 front and 2 back boards for each section.  There are 7 sections.  It is all cut.  (it generated 3 trash bag's worth of sawdust).

Everything's pretty dry but I have the pickets stickered (with spaces around them) and weight on top with the dehumidifier running 24x7 to hopefully dry them out (they're about 5/8" thick).  Hope to start the priming Wed/Thurs night and the final coat(s) by Sat evening.  I've enlisted SWMBO to help with the priming/staining.

Sunday Ill put my jig to use in assembling the sections.  That part should go quickly.

A boring project but hopefully the sections will look good.

BTW, the bottom boards?   I'll raise them up a bit so they don't rest in the soil/mulch

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Yes, the bottom of your beautiful fence can be several inches off the ground. I might even be tempted to think about letting the lawnmower run under it.
Thanks for sharing your project.
Well that's a garden bed for SWMBO, so I won't be mowing over there, but I take your point.  I'm thinking maybe 3-4" off of the ground height??

As I build/install the fence sections, I'll post some pics.
Dumber than I appear
I buried 4" x 4" posts at ground level around my hedges.  No trimming required.  I just run the wheels on the 4 x 4 and it keeps it trimmed neatly. 

(Nowadays my gardener does this, but the principle is unchanged.)

Burying 4" x 4"  or pavers will eliminate trimming.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-20-2020, 10:02 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: I'm thinking maybe 3-4" off of the ground height??

Yep. Rabbits need to pass under, other than having a gate to go through.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020