Epoxy paint?
I have a cold molded skiff that's covered with fiberglass and epoxy resin.  What type of finish can I used that will stick to the epoxy and last for at least a couple of seasons?  I want something that's opaque.  I'm not too hung up on the color, but white would be my choice if there is one.

Phil
nothing will stick to it unless the surface is scuffed up to make a mechanical bond. 
urethane based paints typically do good adhering to epoxy. idk if theres a difference in urethane marine paint and other urethane paints, but urethane marine paints are used below water lines from what i hear.
Gel coat, here is a link how to apply a polyester gel coat over epoxy.  Roly
Check out Awlgrip.

I've always seen their displays at the boat shows, and they look great.

But I have no experience with using it...

https://www.staples.com/Land-O-Lakes-Min...uct_344887
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I think you sent the wrong link Barn.  I hear Land O' Lakes is doing away with the Indian princess on their label.  When I was a kid we'd fold the label so her knees were where the butter box was - we thought it was pretty funny.
Raised
(04-21-2020, 05:43 PM)Phil S. Wrote: I think you sent the wrong link Barn.  I hear Land O' Lakes is doing away with the Indian princess on their label.  When I was a kid we'd fold the label so her knees were where the butter box was - we thought it was pretty funny.
Raised

Good gracious.... No idea how that happened.

Crazy

OK, let's try it again....

Awlgrip...

https://www.google.com/search?q=awlgrip&...=684&dpr=2
I used System 3 epoxy and looking at their website they recommend a linear polyurethane.  I think AwlGrip is the same type of material.  I'll have to see what's available here.  Shipping paint here (SE Alaska) is just about impossible for a reasonable cost.

Phil
I have not used Awlgrip products (they are very expensive), but I have heard good things about them.

However do take care to read the specs.  Some are listed as "for professional use only", explaining that the application method is very complex and only experienced professionals should be using them. 

I would avoid using products that the manufacturer says are not suited for our use.  (It is possible that they are "protecting" their professional customers, but that sounds like a bit of a stretch to me.)
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Not sure if linear poly, 2 part paints like Awlgrip are for below waterline use.
If you do use, be sure to use proper respirator, like a forced air one.
I was told if inhaled, it kicks off in your lungs. Very bad.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(04-21-2020, 06:25 PM)Phil S. Wrote: I used System 3 epoxy and looking at their website they recommend a linear polyurethane.  I think AwlGrip is the same type of material.  I'll have to see what's available here.  Shipping paint here (SE Alaska) is just about impossible for a reasonable cost.

Phil

Phil, as has been said by others, if you do it yourself, 

be sure to use any and all respirators that are recommended by whatever product you use.

I know the pros do...

Personally, I'd hire it out to a pro....

Yes