The Staked Chair Project Ends
What can I say: it was a tremendous learning experience (i.e., made lots of mistakes).  I can see making more of these down the road.  If you ever considered getting into chair making, this could be an excellent was to start out.  

(04-21-2020, 05:10 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: What can I say: it was a tremendous learning experience (i.e., made lots of mistakes).  I can see making more of these down the road.  If you ever considered getting into chair making, this could be an excellent was to start out.  

Nice project. The way you displayed the grain in that top rail made me smile.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
Ron: I think the phrase goes something like: "I'd rather be lucky than good". When I laminated the boards for the crest rail blank I suspected that the grain could end up being interesting: I was pleasantly surprised when I got the first coat of finish applied. Phil

(04-21-2020, 05:49 PM)Ron Brese Wrote: Nice project. The way you displayed the grain in that top rail made me smile.

Ron
Looks good. Finishing mine might be my next project.

Nicely done!
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
It looks great!   What are your thoughts on the comfort & sizing ?
Chris
Nicely done, Phil! Yeah the grain in the comb is gorgeous! Did you turn the legs and sticks or shape by hand?

It’s gonna look great in your house!

Kevin
I love it. Very clean and well defined. 

I'm also interested to hear how you like using it.
Turned out great. Did you steam bend the crest or saw it to shape?
Thanks much. This was purpose built to serve as a chair for my wife's sewing center. I made the seat height significantly higher and reduced the seat tilt to almost nothing to accommodate use of the sewing machine. I also lowered the crest rail to provide a lower point of support. Time will tell if they are successful.

(04-22-2020, 05:41 AM)C. in Indy Wrote: It looks great!   What are your thoughts on the comfort & sizing ?