Spiffified up..
Got tired of the "patina" on the Stanley No.71-1/2....
No  

Seeings how when these were new...they sported a shiny Nickle Plated appearance....well, I tore this down, wire wheeled the bad spots clean...hauled two parts upstairs and out to the patio....for a little face lift...
Winkgrin  

Rust-oleum American Accents   2X Ultra Cover  Paint + Primer, Metallic Silver....
Even the collar got a coat..
Rolleyes 

let things dry a bit...then back downstairs to the shop...a couple of Brass parts needed cleaned up...then assemble the plane, and stash back into the case..
Cool

About as close to the Nickle Plate as I could get.   Note:  I did NOT paint the sole....figure all the work it has been getting lately, that should be enough to keep the sole shiny....

Should be ready for another 100 years of work?
Confused 

May treat the Stanley No. 45, type 20 to the same face-lift....beginning to show a lot of copper, lately
Uhoh  Will have to mask the wood parts....
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice. One of those or similar is on my short list of tool acquisitions.
Looks nice Bandit.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.