Bathroom mold
(04-24-2020, 07:12 PM)mike4244 Wrote: You can eliminate the mold and prevent it from appearing with Clorox household bleach. I keep a spray bottle in the bathrooms and spray about bi-weekly. I spray with the ceiling fan on because the bleach does have an unpleasant odor. Takes 30/40  minutes to disperse the odor. 
Usually the mold is gone in 24 hours. Been doing this 10+ years or more and mold has not re-appeared.
mike

If you do this daily, then hydrogen peroxide would work too.  Much safer. 

You can mix much stronger versions using sodium carbonate in powder form.  https://www.amazon.com/99-PURE-Sodium-Pe...B01ETY478S

Hydrogen peroxide is a 3.5% solution.  Oxiclean uses sodium percarbonate as their active ingredient.  I suppose it is stronger than hydrogen peroxide. 

I would buy the powder form just to save money.  It is still safer and has less of an odor than Clorox. 

But Clorox is one of the things that Trump says to drink (or was it inject?) to cure Covid-19).  I'm not taking his advice on that however.

Hydrogen peroxide is used as a mouthwash.  So it is fairly safe (though spit it out after rinsing; do not drink it).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-27-2020, 11:37 AM)Cooler Wrote: But Clorox is one of the things that Trump says to drink (or was it inject?) to cure Covid-19).  I'm not taking his advice on that however.
I don't care for politicians on either side, but I hate when people proliferate lies. He never said that, it was from media people doing their best to twist what he did say to their advantage.

https://tinyurl.com/y96maugx
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(04-27-2020, 11:48 AM)Scouter Wrote: I don't care for politicians on either side, but I hate when people proliferate lies. He never said that, it was from media people doing their best to twist what he did say to their advantage.

https://tinyurl.com/y96maugx

Impossible to say if he was referencing Clorox or Lysol.  Pick your poison.

And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-27-2020, 03:19 PM)Cooler Wrote: Impossible to say if he was referencing Clorox or Lysol.  Pick your poison.

And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

He talked about their germ killing effect, not drinking or injecting the product itself, so which product doesn't matter. He was pondering if something similar could be created that could be injected.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!