Pressure washer issue
(03-18-2021, 07:31 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I've been seeing a lot of these weird posts in old threads that don't make much sense lately, from posters with just one or two posts to their name.  I wonder what's up with that?  Computer generated?  And if so, why?  
Confused

Maybe they meant trashed
If the bypass valve quits working, it can overload the engine and bog it down.

I would check into the bypass valve assembly.

Squeeze the trigger on the hose while trying to start the machine to release the pressure and make it easier to turn the engine.
(03-18-2021, 12:36 PM)daddo Wrote: Squeeze the trigger on the hose while trying to start the machine to release the pressure and make it easier to turn the engine.

I get one pull on mine, then I have to release the pressure.  Then I can pull again.  The unloader mechanism doesn't do anything for starting, only once running, as it unloads the pump once it's up to pressure, which is maintained after the trigger is released.  But I can't pull hard enough to make that happen, so I have to hit the trigger after every pull, or pull it and hold it while pulling, but that's harder to do.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(03-18-2021, 07:31 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I've been seeing a lot of these weird posts in old threads that don't make much sense lately, from posters with just one or two posts to their name.  I wonder what's up with that?  Computer generated?  And if so, why?  
Confused

spammers.  trying to sell something, especially if there is a link in their post

Confused

Spammers have smartened up just a bit. Not much but........they are working their way in. Make a couple of offhand posts, then start laying in some links.

(03-18-2021, 03:06 PM)crokett™ Wrote: spammers.  trying to sell something, especially if there is a link in their post

Yes
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-19-2021, 04:53 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Spammers have smartened up just a bit. Not much but........they are working their way in. Make a couple of offhand posts, then start laying in some links.

How prescient.  Just two hours ago, “Lilith’s” post was edited to include a link to some pro power washer company.  So it sat there for a couple of days, short and innocent enough though oddly worded, and then this morning it was converted to spam.  

The RV forum I also hang at only gives you 20 minutes or so, then a post can’t be edited.  That’s a bit of a pain when you realize there’s a mistake, but that’s what they do.

“Lilith”

Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(03-20-2021, 07:20 AM)TDKPE Wrote: “Lilith”

He played his part well.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020