Need some small cherry blanks for dresser legs
Hi, I'm building this for our daughter:

I really don't want to go buy a 8/4 board to turn the legs.  (I realize I could glue up some scrap 4/4, but I'd rather go the solid wood route).  I figure they're about 7-8" long.  I've got a small piece of cherry for one of the legs, just need a 'lil bit for 3 more legs.  I've raided my scrap pile but I don't have any 8/4 scraps.

Do you have any small cherry blocks laying around you don't want?  H-ell, I'll even mail you a box and include a ton of stamps (father was a stamp collector) for you to mail me the blanks back in.  I like the word "free" but if you need a little $$$ I'll include a check for the agreed-upon amount.

Please let me know.  thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
(04-22-2020, 12:53 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Hi, I'm building this for our daughter:

I really don't want to go buy a 8/4 board to turn the legs.  (I realize I could glue up some scrap 4/4, but I'd rather go the solid wood route).  I figure they're about 7-8" long.  I've got a small piece of cherry for one of the legs, just need a 'lil bit for 3 more legs.  I've raided my scrap pile but I don't have any 8/4 scraps.

Do you have any small cherry blocks laying around you don't want?  H-ell, I'll even mail you a box and include a ton of stamps (father was a stamp collector) for you to mail me the blanks back in.  I like the word "free" but if you need a little $$$ I'll include a check for the agreed-upon amount.

Please let me know.  thanks!

Where are you located?
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
(04-22-2020, 01:08 PM)gad5264 Wrote: Where are you located?

Mass
Dumber than I appear
(04-22-2020, 01:44 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Mass

I've got some. I'll check after work and let you know. Free for the wood if you cover shipping from Columbus, Ohio.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
(04-22-2020, 02:28 PM)gad5264 Wrote: I've got some. I'll check after work and let you know. Free for the wood if you cover shipping from Columbus, Ohio.

Ok just PM me and let me know the details.  Thanks!!!!
Dumber than I appear
(04-22-2020, 02:49 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Ok just PM me and let me know the details.  Thanks!!!!

If nothing here pans out, the Got Wood? guys have kiln-dried cherry in 2.5x2.5 and 3x3 spindle blanks in their bargain bin.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
If it doesn't work out, let me know - I have some nice 8/4 and I can cut some scrap to size for you. Shipping would be from California, but no cost for the wood.

Thanks,
John
I looked through my pieces and only have 4/4. It's great to have folks around here willing to share
Smile
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Sent you a PM .
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
I believe I have some 8/4 around, I would have to go down to the barn and look at the pile. 
If other offers do not work out, please let me know.