"CELTIC LACE"
Thank you for keeping us up to date.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Carving Celtic Lace Rim video part one of this section: I had to break it into two pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1DWUyFEdxQ

Please ask any questions you may have; I'll be posting the next section as soon as I can upload it.

Bruce
Here's part two of carving celtic lase rim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bn75f2o6vU

I'm still learning about videos I hope you can see what I'm doing I didn't want to get the camera to close but I may try a different angle on the next video any suggestions would be helpful and once again if you have any questions please ask and I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Bruce
Thought my hands were about to start cramping just watching and straining with you.
(05-07-2020, 09:29 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Thought my hands were about to start cramping just watching and straining with you.

Not really straining Bill,  I admit you need a strong grip to do certain cuts though. You may be referring to the part where I'm using the homemade saw all in all  I really find the carving process relaxing, just not shooting the video: trying not to slip with everyone watching that is a little nerve racking. I'm still carving the same parts and I'll show another video soon.

Bruce
A quick photo up date, just keeping slow and steady at it.

Bruce
The carving continues about half way done w/ this part of the carving. I'm going to be coloring the carved section w/ a Gold paste called Rub & Buff this will give an antique look to the piece this will be a first for me and I'll show this process as well the rest of the project will get coats of danish oil and after it all dries most likely a final coat or two of flat lacquer, here's a few update shots of the carving process.

Bruce
Okay gang it has been a a little while, I had a few hours to work roughing out sections of the carving but no time for a video. You will see where I'm going a bit better now, I will still have to slim down a few sections while carving in the weave of the Celtic knot. I used my Dremel with my wood blade to remove some larger sections before cleaning it up w/ the carving knife. I made the determination that the wood was strong enough to remove these sections now but have left the sections closest to the bowl to be removed last, this is done so while carving there's less of a chance to break as the piece becomes more & more fragile with the removal of so much material.

Any questions please just ask ,

Bruce
Looking good.  I'm glad to see there is a place for a power tool.
(05-18-2020, 09:44 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Looking good.  I'm glad to see there is a place for a power tool.

Bill I usually  just drill 4 holes in the corners and cut it w/ my coping saw blade, but that dagone honey dew list is just to big right now that the weather has warmed and I was pressed for time.

Bruce