"CELTIC LACE"
Quick  photo update carving the flutes.
Hey gang just thought I would post something I'm going to get back to this project soon, I've been very busy with my home improvement projects this summer and I don't usually do these type of projects until the winter months when I have more time for the carving; so just hang in there I be back posting soon.

Bruce.
Okay guys & gals I've had some time away from home improvement projects for a few days so here's where I'm at with this project. I now carved the weave in 5 of the circles on the face side and have just one more circle to carve threw. I do still have to carve 8 more of the triangles all the way threw where the lace meets the bowl. Also I was able to carve a total of 7 flutes on the bottom that's half the way to being  finished I do still however have to carve the entire back side of the lace part , this will be most challenging because it is going to be very thin 1/8" or less in places.

Here are a few photos of the progress and you should be able to get a better idea where I'm going with this.

Bruce
SOOOOOOOO MUCH WORK!!!!!

Let me start the bidding.  I bid $15.00 but that's only after it is finished.

I really have enjoyed this process and thank you so much for letting us tag along.

What is the greenish/grayish color on the one section?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(07-17-2020, 03:47 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: SOOOOOOOO MUCH WORK!!!!!

Let me start the bidding.  I bid $15.00 but that's only after it is finished.

I really have enjoyed this process and thank you so much for letting us tag along.

What is the greenish/grayish color on the one section?

Thank you Bill...yes this one really has some work in it and still a great deal more yet to do. If you go back to page 6 I was showing a Gold finish I intend to use I had to go back and sand it better so when I did it changed the color a bit. I will be adding color to this along with the Gold and still want to add another design in the center of the bowl.
Thanks for tagging along, I hope there's still a few more people interested in this project I know it's been drawn out for quite sometime now.

Bruce
I’m still interested. These things take time, I can wait.
VH07V  
(07-18-2020, 03:37 AM)EightFingers Wrote: I’m still interested. These things take time, I can wait.

Good to hear it's going to be 100 degrees here tomorrow so I'll be inside working on this project most of the day.

Bruce
Okay everyone all of the face is carved and all 14 flutes on the backside are carved and sand & sealed then sanded back. I still need to do lots of touch ups and still need to carve all of the knots on the back side and then a great deal of sanding to smooth and final shape everything. Here's a few photos to show the progress.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Oh my gosh, so much work!

BTW the last photo is cool.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I like the shadows.

I’ve never given thought to what kind of shadow a piece makes. I might now.
VH07V