"CELTIC LACE"
Thanks Bill and EightFingers I feel the end getting closer now I just need a few days where I don't have to do any other work so I can really make some headway on this one.

Bruce
As always Bruce, beautiful work!

Frank
(07-27-2020, 03:19 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: As always Bruce, beautiful work!

Frank

Thank you Frank.... I've now started carving the back side and have the next few days off and some time to work on this project. Photos in a day or so; and I'm really thinking about the finishing touches now and the color & finish.

Bruce
Alright everyone I pushed forward and finished this project, now I'm at the part I dislike the most the photography 
While making this project I've also made a light box for taking photos of these. I'm asking for your help tell me which photos you like best. Also if you have any questions about the finishing of this piece let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I'll take a photo of all the products used shortly and post them. The final finish is Satin Lacquer from a rattle can. The metal looking finish gold & copper was a product called Rub & Buff the Color in the rings is DecoArt dazzling metallics. Here's what she ended up looking like.

Attached Files Image(s)

Beautiful!

I like the pics where it’s turned on it’s side, that’s the view that shows your work best, IMO.
I don’t see as much detail when looking at the side view.
VH07V  
Yes, Beautiful is correct.

I like the shadow view but the two tilted views show the detail much better.

You are an artist!!!!!!!!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thank you guys for responding here are the two photos I went with.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wonderful Project, Bruce. Thank you for sharing and the detailed info you supplied along the way.
(08-03-2020, 07:46 AM)MidwestMan Wrote: Wonderful Project, Bruce. Thank you for sharing and the detailed info you supplied along the way.
Your welcome MidwestMan I will do it again if there's an interest ??  I have another segmented project in my minds eye.
I need to source some light color wood like maple or aspen to contrast with some walnut I have. This is the time of year I start to get a few projects glued up & turned for winter carving.

Bruce
My piece "Celtic Lace" was chosen for the cover on WOW yesterday evening.

Attached Files Image(s)