Carbide lathe tools
I recieved a lot of cuped carbide from my brother in law. They were designed for metal and were brand new. They did not work very well untill I sharpened them Used a cbn wheel and sharpened the outside. After that i can use them inside or outside. I use them mostly on open segmented corian bowls and vases. I make my last cuts with high speed steel. Dulls the tool very quickly but still leaves me with a better cut. Sand to 3000 and polish with a car polish. Not wax but a polish
(04-29-2020, 02:16 PM)Turner52 Wrote: I recieved a lot of cuped carbide from my brother in law. They were designed for metal and were brand new. They did not work very well untill I sharpened them Used a cbn wheel and sharpened the outside. After that i can use them inside or outside. I use them mostly on open segmented corian bowls and vases. I make my last cuts with high speed steel. Dulls the tool very quickly but still leaves me with a better cut. Sand to 3000 and polish with a car polish. Not wax but a polish

What do you use for glue for the corian?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I use thin ca for all of my corian glue ups. Works great. I als use it to glue the base to wood mounted in either a face plate or an appropriate sized piece to use in my chuck. I have never had a glue failure with the ca.
(05-01-2020, 03:17 PM)Turner52 Wrote: I use thin ca for all of my corian glue ups. Works great. I als use it to glue the base to wood mounted in either a face plate or an appropriate sized piece to use in my chuck. I have  never had a glue failure with the ca.

thanks
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Me personally I like the cupped carbide but can not find any at a reasonable price.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.