dewalt impact driver only runs full speed
I have a dewalt dcf885 that only runs full speed
It’s supposed to be continuous variable speed and the two other DeWALT impacts that I have work with variable speed based on how far trigger is pulled, but this one is all or nothing.

I have tried blowing some electrical contact cleaner into the switch without benefit. And have taken it apart to inspect the brushes and they look fine.

Any ideas for fixes?

Duke
Replaced the switch, runs fine now.
(05-02-2020, 07:39 PM)JDuke Wrote: Replaced the switch, runs fine now.

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-04-2021, 07:39 AM)Selinwine Wrote: If you can't fix it, I can advise you to buy another tool. I have a Makita XDT042 18V LXT and it is the best you can get on the market with a battery. Works well for all kinds of jobs with no problems until the battery runs out. I didn't have any drill attachments since I'm new to this, so this was the perfect deal for me since the guys at DELETED put it at the top of their review list. With the 4-pole motor, it's a handy and powerful tool to work with all day long. I am also pleased to get the best possible drill on the market and provide the best work for my customers. If it costs half the price of your tool to repair, you better get a Makita.

SPAMMER

BAM
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]