Solid carbide router bits
Being an up-cut it may have pulled itself deeper than when you first started,that has also happen to me. Plus little charcoal
(04-30-2020, 12:35 AM)hcbph Wrote: I've not heated one enough to burn it so pure speculation.  My main concern would be the solid carbide bit would become more brittle than they normally are.  If that happened, it could throw shrapnel but that's just speculation on my part.

I have never had one throw shrapnel the just snap.  I use 2mm all the way up to 5/8 inch bits on my CNC
I’ve warmed up a few on my CNC, but that’s cutting high silica content woods like Koa. They are black, but they keep cutting.
VH07V  
(04-30-2020, 12:34 PM)fixtureman Wrote: I have never had one throw shrapnel the just snap.  I use 2mm all the way up to 5/8 inch bits on my CNC

That snapped off piece is potential shrapnel, just mentioning it as a possible risk.
(05-02-2020, 05:34 AM)hcbph Wrote: That snapped off piece is potential shrapnel, just mentioning it as a possible risk.

It is in the material so no