Atkins rip saw
I picked up an e.c Atkins rip saw for free. It is missing the medallion but I can see the etching on the blade. It says it is silver steel on the blade. Is there away to find out a rough age to my saw without the medallion.

Attached Files Image(s)

They sold out to Borg Warner in 1966. From the blocky looks of that handle, I'd say this was later production, late 50s, early 60s, but that is a WAG.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Not even the correct handle...
No 

They made two versions ( 64 and 65?) one with the skew back was a crosscut saw..#64 I think. 

Mine is the straight back rip #65.   Handle was called the "Perfection" handle.   Mine has the AAA medallion.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
It can be the correct handle if it's the right model...
This picture is from a 1935 Atkins catalog.   The saw shown is not one of their top-line models, but it's still an Atkins.

Enjoy it!
Chris
I forgot to put the info and it says no.51
(04-26-2020, 03:37 PM)briman87 Wrote: I forgot to put the info and it says no.51

#51 shows up here at page 6 or so, 1948, but the handle looks more refined.

https://archive.org/details/AtkinsSawSen...5/mode/2up
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Here is some close ups of the saw etchings as best as I could get them before starting the restoration.

Attached Files Image(s)

It's obviously been rehandled. The brightness of the plate near the handle and the missing nuts make me think the last owner replaced it with either a homemade handle or one off another saw. The nut pattern doesn't match the real pattern, which is probably one of the reasons there are only two nuts holding the handle onto the plate. But hey, it's free. Take off the handle, clean up the plate, sharpen it up and use it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Yep 3 saw and a bit brace for free. Has anyone heard of a marker called LU Dell? One of the other saws had that etched on it it is a backsaw.