T-Squares
I'd like to get a decent T-square for marking. I really like the Woodpecker 32" t-square, but I can't justify the price. Looking around, others seem to be really cheap ones with plastic parts and bad reviews. Is there anything between the two?
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Any chance you can make your own? Could be acrylic, could be aluminum or could be wood. Just curious.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Are you only looking in the 32" range?  Narrowing a size or use case will get you better responses.  I use a Fairgate 36" for such things and have larger construction-targeted squares.  It is mislabeled as a 24" here. I have a 24" blade for my combo square that covers my high accuracy, longer measurements.
When I was young I sought the wisdom of the ages.  Now it seems I've found the wiz-dumb of the age-ed.

I'm not set on a particular size, at least 24"
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Have you investigated a drafting T-Square? The kind when drafting was done on a table with paper and pencil. They are pretty darn accurate if not particularly sturdy.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I have one of the Woodpecker T-Squares (the largest one which I think is the 32").  After having it for 2 years I also cannot justify what I spent on it.

The drafting t-squares (metal) are quite accurate, but may not do well with rough handling. 

My sheet rock T-square (48") is accurate and has remained so.  (Take a drafting triangle with you when you make your purchase and find one that is accurate. 

https://www.engineersupply.com/Alumicolo...quare.aspx

Alumicolor 36" Standard T-Square   ($43.00)

Model Number: 2135-1

Features:
  • 1½" tempered aluminum shaft, which is calibrated in inches and centimeters.
  • Black ABS plastic heads are lightweight and nearly unbreakable
  • Heads are secured with 5 screws instead of rivets
  • Made in El Salvador
  • Assembled in the USA.
  • Color: Silver
  • Size: 36"

I see it is $27.00 on Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/ALUMICOLOR-Square...328&sr=8-1
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-27-2020, 02:25 AM)cputnam Wrote: Have you investigated a drafting T-Square?  The kind when drafting was done on a table with paper and pencil.  They are pretty darn accurate if not particularly sturdy.

This ^^^^^^^^^
Does it have to be a t-square? How about a carpenter's square? Lee Valley sells a Japanese one where one side is graduated in inches and the other in metric that is 10" x 20". Chappell carpenter squares are not cheap but they are very accurate. A traditional carpenter's square has lots of nifty math done for you. I have the 24x18" version and it's $118 from Lee Valley (but currently out of stock until November!) As others have mentioned, a draftsman t-square is plenty accurate and plenty affordable. It's just not marked with measurements.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have an Empire drywall square (48").  I carried in a plastic drafting triangle (45 degree) to check for accuracy.  I don't know how consistent they are, but the first one I picked up was dead on and cheap enough to replace if damaged ($14.00 at Home Depot).  

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Empire-48-in.../202035306
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(04-28-2020, 08:51 AM)Cooler Wrote: I have an Empire drywall square (48").  I carried in a plastic drafting triangle (45 degree) to check for accuracy.  I don't know how consistent they are, but the first one I picked up was dead on and cheap enough to replace if damaged ($14.00 at Home Depot).  

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Empire-48-in.../202035306

I was going to say the same thing.  Also like he said they seem quite square when I put up sheetrock for years and still use it but never checked.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.