T-Squares
"I have an Empire drywall square (48"). I carried in a plastic drafting triangle (45 degree) to check for accuracy. I don't know how consistent they are, but the first one I picked up was dead on and cheap enough to replace if damaged ($14.00 at Home Depot). "

I have something similar, I'm not sure if it's Empire or not. It's great for drywall and such, but am hoping for something more precise.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I know the Woodpecker's is salty, but I really enjoy using mine.  I have the 24" version and very rarely do I feel like I need the 32"

Having the scribe holes every 1/32" is a nice feature and the part I like are the tabs on the T section that sit on the work surface and won't let the square tilt side to side.  Keeps it flat on the work piece all the time.  A big plus in my opinion.  

I wouldn't trade it for a lesser square.
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV
My mindset is to only cry once with hand tools—especially layout tools. Layout tools are similar to making a jig. They really need to be accurate if you’re striving for top notch results.

I own a couple large Woodpecker’s squares and they are wonderful in every way. I have some second hand Starrett items and they are wonderful as well. The PEC line is also a great value. I know every time I pick them up, they are “right”. Second guessing layout tools would make me pull my hair out.

Good quality layout tools will always hold excellent value on the used tool market if you find yourself not using an expensive layout tool.

Personally, I haven’t had good luck with a drywall square or a drafting square.