Downdraft/Outfeed/Sanding Center
Howdy:

Just thought I'd post some pics of the Downdraft/Outfeed/Sanding Center I just finished. My shop is pretty small so anything that goes in it needs to at least triple duty. This fits the bill with an outfeed table for the table saw, a downdraft sanding station, lots of good storage for sanding supplies, a handy outlet, and even a sandpaper cutter in the door. Pretty small footprint too at 42" x 23".

Dave in Denver

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice, that's a good idea. Good use of the space underneath as well.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I did the same thing except I put 4 drawers in for all my sanders and sand paper.  Still working on what goes where - been only 3 years; not rushing anything.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
I am in the planing stages of downdraft / outfeed table. Looks like you used 1/4" pegboard for the top. How did you support it with out interfering with the dust collection? I can not make out where the DC hook up is. Nice ideas for the sander / paper storage, I think I will use that. Thanks for posting.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I really wanted a top that I could rout miter slot extensions for the table saw into, so the top is actually 3/4" melamine faced particle board. I routed the miter slots and then used a piece of pegboard as a template to drill all of the holes. Yes, there were exactly 764 holes to be drilled, and yes, it sucked, but in the end it works great and now it sucks the way it should (sorry- couldn't resist.) The miter slots have been awesome and really work to extend the cutting width of my miter gauge and various sleds. Anyway- the 3/4" particle board top means it can just sit in rabbets in the sides and there is no support for it underneath. The dust port is under the overhang on the left side, and then there's a 1/4" MDF ramp covering the the full width of the inside from the dust port up to the right side. The ramp helps reduce volume on the inside to help maximize suck-age, and also keeps dust away from the electrical outlet. I caulked all of the seams on the inside to also cut down on air loss, which was probably also overkill, but it works great, so who knows? Couple more pics attached to show the dust collector hook-up (also caulked on) and the miter slots in the top.

Dave in Denver

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Dave, never thought to use the peg board as a templet. That is a lot of holes to drill.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor