Handworks 2020
Absent a pandemic lockdown, is the event still on? It could come to pass that I could go.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(04-27-2020, 08:03 PM)cputnam Wrote: Absent a pandemic lockdown, is the event still on?  It could come to pass that I could go.

It is far enough in the future that I would be surprised if it were canceled. It is about the only show in the country that is growing not shrinking. As of now I am planning on being there both days.

Tom
The site is still taking registrations. If I were going and needed accommodation, I'd book something that I could cancel without any penalty.

Simon
(04-28-2020, 09:33 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The site is still taking registrations. If I were going and needed accommodation, I'd book something that I could cancel without any penalty.

Simon

It being half of Labor Day Weekend, I sincerely doubt that cancellations will be easy - at least at RV parks
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Just signed up.  It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive fmor here.  LOML and I have never been to Amana, so we'll make a weekend of it.  Probably crazy-crowded, but we'll see.
(04-28-2020, 09:33 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The site is still taking registrations. If I were going and needed accommodation, I'd book something that I could cancel without any penalty.

Simon

We have found that cancellations aren’t difficult if you reserve your room through the hotel you’re staying at.  If you book them through a service like hotels.com or travelocity, e.g., cancellations are impossible.  We learned that the hard way at our very first Handworks.
(04-28-2020, 10:14 PM)Bruce Haugen Wrote: We have found that cancellations aren’t difficult if you reserve your room through the hotel you’re staying at.  If you book them through a service like hotels.com or travelocity, e.g., cancellations are impossible.  We learned that the hard way at our very first Handworks.

There are other places to stay also . Cedar Rapids is about a half hour away. Maringo and Williamsburg are about 20 minutes west and Iowa city is probably about 20 minutes East. and the RV parp is very close. The last handworks was kind of spread out in Amana so it isn't really crowded.

Tom
(04-28-2020, 10:14 PM)Bruce Haugen Wrote: We have found that cancellations aren’t difficult if you reserve your room through the hotel you’re staying at.  If you book them through a service like hotels.com or travelocity, e.g., cancellations are impossible.  We learned that the hard way at our very first Handworks.

Cancellations should be easy especially on hotels.com as long as you select the refundable room which is usually slightly more than the cheapest option. Worst case if they charge you call up your bank and tell them that you cancelled the room in enough notice and that they should not have charged your card. Sometimes you can pay with paypal which is always better cause then you just call up paypal and say I cancelled the room I want my money back and boom your money is back.