Pin nailers - do I need 2”
I don't think I have ever used 2".  1" I use a lot.  When you get to 2" you are asking a lot for a pin to hold.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
You know, this is one of those things that completely depends on what you're doing and processes that work for that.

For what I do--which doesn't matter to anyone else--I never need a Pinner but use brads a lot. I don't use 2" often but I do need them enough to be glad my gun can keep up. 

BTW, I LOVE Omer fasteners. They're Italian and expensive but oh my. They're built like tanks and stop when out of ammo. I should also note that I use them a lot so the small things they do better easily justify their 2X and 3X prices. 
I don't think I'd never really need a 2" pinner. I'd be too scared of that long pin finding a grain and curving out of the piece (and usually into my finger).

I've got a pinner now that goes to 1". It's the absolute minimum one should ever get.

I see some pinners that will shoot a 1 3/8" pin. I think that would be as much as I ever wanted.
I was in my local Rockler today and they had all Grex brad nailers and pinners on clearance. I was able to purchase their last P365 pinner and their last two multi size packs of galvanized pins. Regular price is $189.99 and $9.99. I paid $151.99 for the pinner and $7.99 for each pack of 3000 pins. Grex shows all their tools being on sale for 10% off until the end of June at all dealers. Rockler and WoodCraft current website pages didn't reflect that price change but may in store or if asked about it. Very nice tool that will find its way into a lot of projects for sure.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Just gotta jump in here to say, I have the HF pin nailer and it works just fine.
Think I paid around fifteen bucks for it. Bought it to install bits of small moulding
in my office wainscotting project. For the time it has saved me I could throw it
away after I am done and still be money ahead!

To the original question, I cannot imagine why two inch pins would ever be needed.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me